Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Think This Is A Good Price For A 60 Plate Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
poshpawsfiesta
i have been talking to a nice guy from ford online about trading the fezza in for a 60 plate focus and heres the price for mine its a 2009 59 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 5 door zetec vision blue with bluetooth imaculate condition 15000 miles and he has offered me £8750 for it i am so shocked that is all its worth as it was £12500 only 9 months ago (not that i doubt his valuation in any way) and he has quoted me for a 60 plate ford focus 1.6 tdci zetec 110 bhp with sony surround and dab and 17 inch wheels and tinted glass for £14720 in colorado red , watcha think ??????? thanks in advance for your views
Leemaxd
The answer is go there and barter with him you will proberly get more for yours in the end because he will want to sell you the focus.
I took my 09 focus in for a trade in and at first the ford garage was gonna give me 10k in the end they were gonna give me 11k to get the sale.
poshpawsfiesta
okay thanks for the tip , do you think thats a good price for the focus??
Leemaxd
I would say that's a fair price yes.
artscot79
[quote name='Leemaxd' date='18 August 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1282128291' post='93504']
I would say that's a fair price yes.
[/quote]

remember new cars lose around 2 grand in value just by driving it off the forecourt heres the prices for youre car

Dealer £10,290 Private £9,305 Part exchange £8,565 Trade £8,260 Cost new £14,445
the focus in my opinion ios overpriced mate you can buy them round my way for 12 grand new from a ford dealer also the 1.6 tdci has the dpf so figure that in as well eloys fluid top ups are around 150 quid for 3 litres and the dpf may ned replacing at 75k which will cost from ford £1000 ide go for a 1.8tdci as it doesnt have the dpf
poshpawsfiesta
do you think this is a better car for the money , and if im right in thinking , the 1.6 tdci is french, and the 1.8 tdci is fords own and the 2.0 tdci is french aswell ?? and just looked and ford dont sell the 1.8 tdci anymore :(
http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-focus-16td-zetec-hatchback-metallic-panther-black-manual-diesel-ID_1067330000990175.aspx
Leemaxd
[quote name='artscot79' date='18 August 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1282133744' post='93529']
remember new cars lose around 2 grand in value just by driving it off the forecourt heres the prices for youre car

Dealer £10,290 Private £9,305 Part exchange £8,565 Trade £8,260 Cost new £14,445
the focus in my opinion ios overpriced mate you can buy them round my way for 12 grand new from a ford dealer also the 1.6 tdci has the dpf so figure that in as well eloys fluid top ups are around 150 quid for 3 litres and the dpf may ned replacing at 75k which will cost from ford £1000 ide go for a 1.8tdci as it doesnt have the dpf
[/quote]

Good advice, they must of only just got rid of the 1.8 tdci because I was gonna buy one new on a 59 plate, ended up getting a second hand one in the end because it's true what artscot79 is saying you lose 2k as soon as you drive it off the forecourt.
catch
Anybody done the maths ?

£12500 dealer price....nine months later £8750 PX price = £96 a week that car has cost you before you insure it or put petrol in it. I'd be interested to know what percentage of your nett pay £96 constitutes, it was a rhetorical question I don't expect an answer. :rolleyes:

artscot79, I don't think an eloys top up @ £110/50 would be an issue to Posh as I doubt he will be hanging onto the Focus for two years.

Posh besides being financial suicide trading your fezz in now. What are you going to do next year when the all new Focus comes out?.............don't tell me I think I can guess......... :P
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='catch' date='18 August 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1282147743' post='93578']
Anybody done the maths ?

£12500 dealer price....nine months later £8750 PX price = £96 a week that car has cost you before you insure it or put petrol in it. I'd be interested to know what percentage of your nett pay £96 constitutes, it was a rhetorical question I don't expect an answer. :rolleyes:

artscot79, I don't think an eloys top up @ £110/50 would be an issue to Posh as I doubt he will be hanging onto the Focus for two years.

Posh besides being financial suicide trading your fezz in now. What are you going to do next year when the all new Focus comes out?.............don't tell me I think I can guess......... :P
[/quote]
really long story cut short
im speaking for my dad her
had 2009 2.0 tdci focus titanium love it to bits but was to heavy on fuel as work got low as he does peace work
so traded it in for mk7 1.4 tdci as does 70 mpg
now work has picked up agin and he misses the larger more refined car and the 1.6 tdci still does 60 mpg
so he wants a focus back , but he told me to find good car for money so i have , its either a new 1 for 14720 or this used one http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-focus-16td-zetec-hatchback-metallic-panther-black-manual-diesel-ID_1067330000990175.aspx for 11720 , i have done my job its up 2 him weather he want to get it or not i agree with you that its alot of money hes wasteing but thats my dad for you lol
and as far as i know he is planning on keeping this one for 5years and from my personall view i think ford is going down hill in terms of desighn i think they have hit there peak with the mk2 focus and if thy still made them to the day i die i would end up still getting one lol i just love the mk2 focus its just perfect it litarilly every way , :):) cars are just money pitss lol
catch
[quote name='poshpawsfiesta' date='18 August 2010 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1282149114' post='93582']
really long story cut short
im speaking for my dad her
had 2009 2.0 tdci focus titanium love it to bits but was to heavy on fuel as work got low as he does peace work
so traded it in for mk7 1.4 tdci as does 70 mpg
now work has picked up agin and he misses the larger more refined car and the 1.6 tdci still does 60 mpg
so he wants a focus back , but he told me to find good car for money so i have , its either a new 1 for 14720 or this used one http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-focus-16td-zetec-hatchback-metallic-panther-black-manual-diesel-ID_1067330000990175.aspx for 11720 , i have done my job its up 2 him weather he want to get it or not i agree with you that its alot of money hes wasteing but thats my dad for you lol
and as far as i know he is planning on keeping this one for 5years and from my personall view i think ford is going down hill in terms of desighn i think they have hit there peak with the mk2 focus and if thy still made them to the day i die i would end up still getting one lol i just love the mk2 focus its just perfect it litarilly every way , :):) cars are just money pitss lol
[/quote]

Ah now I know the story, yes it's down to your dad for sure. And yes IMHO the Focus is a better car all round really, that said the fezz looks the part and serves a by and large younger market, horses for courses.

When you pass comment about the Mk2 Focus, I'm I right in thinking you mean the Mk2.5 current model. I have the Mk2, had the Mk1 prior to that, the Mk2 is more spacious, better spec'ed, and better in the safety department, but externally bland as buggery. I reckon in a couple of years I'll trade it in for a two year old Mk2.5 Zetec S petrol model. I not only like the look of it, but it will be nice to have ESP if I ever need it. By then the Mk2.5 should have lost a lump of value with it being superseded by the new model. Anyway the new one looks like a fezz and the dash is a bit to bling for an old fart like myself [url="http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-ford-focus-2010-01-11"]New Focus[/url]
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='catch' date='18 August 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1282150354' post='93585']
Ah now I know the story, yes it's down to your dad for sure. And yes IMHO the Focus is a better car all round really, that said the fezz looks the part and serves a by and large younger market, horses for courses.

When you pass comment about the Mk2 Focus, I'm I right in thinking you mean the Mk2.5 current model. I have the Mk2, had the Mk1 prior to that, the Mk2 is more spacious, better spec'ed, and better in the safety department, but externally bland as buggery. I reckon in a couple of years I'll trade it in for a two year old Mk2.5 Zetec S petrol model. I not only like the look of it, but it will be nice to have ESP if I ever need it. By then the Mk2.5 should have lost a lump of value with it being superseded by the new model. Anyway the new one looks like a fezz and the dash is a bit to bling for an old fart like myself [url="http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-ford-focus-2010-01-11"]New Focus[/url]
[/quote]
no i love your shape focus aswell (all though i prefer the f/l model) i spend half my life in one as my cousin has one its a 55 plate 1.6 tivct zetec and we do everything together its even the same colour as urs hehe :) and for a large family car it suprises a lot of people at the lights !! its really nippy for a 1.6 !! and handels like its on rails it is very quite at speed , i think it makes the same noise at 90 mph thn the mk7 fezza makes at70 mpg ( evn including the road noise wich is the loadest noise it makes) i really cant fault them in anyway really , i love the multi link suspesion idear aswell and i can tell the diffrece down a bumpy country road as u dont get thrown about. i would adives against a zetec s only beacuse u are older and they ride quite firmly i think ud be better of with a titainium with its standard suspesion as for looks i dont think its bland atall ( i mean just look at the golf good car but boring to look at ) the focus has lovely design fetures but people just pass them by beacuse its so common, another think that always suprise me is the amount of junk we can pile into it , it takes 3 adults and 2 young children with baby seats wth ease with a 2 big push chairs in the back and a large sub , we load it to the max with quad bikes and dirt bikes bmx's scooters u name it , its fits in there lol , i just get the feeling when im in a focus its all the car any1 reallly needs and , i love the gear box brakes cluthc steering they are all perectly weighted , urgg now uve got me going i cant stop lol and another thing that impresses is what i briliant moterway cruzer it its , we drive for hours and hours on the moterway and new get stiff backs or sore bums ,and after 2 years of hard about by a young family it is still in a1 condition , the interior mte have hard plastics but thy resist scrathces and marks very well the only downfall is we only get 19 mpg out of it butthts down to the way he drives , i dont think i ever see him change gear bfore the little red arrow flashhes lol ,anyway id better stop now or i will go on for another hour LOl
catch
Oh they are great cars alright, they are actually in small family car segment, but as you say you cannot half get some kit in them. I think they are the widest in their segment. I actually got a Ikea kitchen table and four chairs [all assembled] in the back of our old Mk1 1.8 Zetec. Obviously with the rear seats down.

Reason I'm would prefer the 1.6 Zetec S is the extra ump you get with 14 more ponies under the bonnet. I was on the look out for a 113 bhp Focus in my area but they where few on the ground and had to many miles on them. Hence I opted for what have now, a Ford franchised approved with less than 33K on the clock. Having had the Mk1 Zetec the sport set up is not a problem to me, in fact I prefer it. This 1.6 is still quite nippy though, and cruises the motorway without a hitch. I did North Yorkshire to just south of Bodmin in Cornwall in just under 6 hours including a break half way down. And like you say no stiff bum or aching arse.

And there's no need to apologise for rabbiting on, sez I :rolleyes: The Focus has always been renowned as a drivers car. To the point of thinking up any reason for going somewhere in it. So understandable why you sing it's praises :D
FordOnline
[quote name='artscot79' date='18 August 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1282133744' post='93529']

[/quote]
12G's for a 1.6TDCi with DAB and Sports Pack - Brand New!! Tell me where! I'd buy one for that kinda money!!! lol
artscot79
[quote name='FordOnline' date='18 August 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1282169423' post='93686']
12G's for a 1.6TDCi with DAB and Sports Pack - Brand New!! Tell me where! I'd buy one for that kinda money.
[/quote]

http://www.directford.co.uk/new.html?$franchise=ford&$model=Focus
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='catch' date='18 August 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1282169181' post='93683']
Oh they are great cars alright, they are actually in small family car segment, but as you say you cannot half get some kit in them. I think they are the widest in their segment. I actually got a Ikea kitchen table and four chairs [all assembled] in the back of our old Mk1 1.8 Zetec. Obviously with the rear seats down.

Reason I'm would prefer the 1.6 Zetec S is the extra ump you get with 14 more ponies under the bonnet. I was on the look out for one in my area but they where few on the ground and had miles on them, hence I opted for what have now. A Ford franchised approved with less than 33K on the clock. Having had the Mk1 Zetec the sport set up is not a problem to me, in fact I prefer it. This 1.6 is still quite nippy though, and cruises the motorway without a hitch. I did North Yorkshire to just south of Bodmin in Cornwall in just under 6 hours including a break half way down. And like you say no stiff bum or aching arse.

No need to apologise for rabbiting on, the Focus has always been renowned as a drivers car. To the point of thinking up any reason for going somewhere in it. :D
[/quote]
more liek 14 stallions lol u can defiantly feel the next cam kick in at about 4300rpm u get like a little kick in the accelearation like havein a tiny winey turbo kinda feeeling and it revs very sweetly right up to 6800 rpm , my cousin got his in jan 09 with 41 thousand miles for £5000, and yes defo we always just go for pointless rides haha , but i do prefer the titanium suspesion on my dad old 2009 focus its just that little bit softer with out bein wallowey , yup focus is defiantly a drivers car :) i love em !!!!
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='artscot79' date='18 August 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1282169564' post='93687']
[/quote]
ye thats for the 1.6 petrol i need the 1.6 tdci wich on tht internet site is 14595 , lee can do it tht price with sport pack and dab sony surround !! :)
artscot79
[quote name='artscot79' date='18 August 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1282169564' post='93687']
[url="http://www.directford.co.uk/new.html?$franchise=ford&$model=Focus"]http://www.directfor...rd&$model=Focus[/url]
[/quote]

drive the deal .com were also doing them for £12,591
7x16" 5-spoke alloy wheels
ESP/ ABS
Quickclear heated windscreen
Comfort suspension
Perimeter Alarm
Sport-style front seats
Dark headlamp surrounds
Body colour rear spoiler
Driver lumbar adjust
Premium centre console with integrated stowage box and armrest
Electrically-operated and heated door mirrors with side turn indicators and body colour housings
Perimeter Alarm
CFC-free air conditioning
Trip/ fuel computer
Remote audio controls
Sporty instrument cluster design with satin aluminium-finish trim rings
Aluminium-finish interior door handles and handbrake release button
Roof curtain airbags
6000CD
5-speed Manual

im thinking money here its dearer than a vw golf diesel brand new and to be fair the vw is better built with more quality interior and a customer services department that actually give a damn my honest opinion is get an 09 plate for less same car same spec and when the new one comes out next year you wont feel the pain as much when the ford depreciates like a rocket. i dont do this new plate junk it means nothing in reality i dont care if its a 60 plate or not i want a car within budget well priced with the spec im looking for youll get nearly new cars for thousands less
catch
[quote name='poshpawsfiesta' date='18 August 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1282169866' post='93690']
more liek 14 stallions lol u can defiantly feel the next cam kick in at about 4300rpm u get like a little kick in the accelearation like havein a tiny winey turbo kinda feeeling and it revs very sweetly right up to 6800 rpm , my cousin got his in jan 09 with 41 thousand miles for £5000!!!
[/quote]

that was a cracking price, jammy sod :P
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='catch' date='18 August 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1282170375' post='93693']
[/quote]
i know, noone even belives me when i tell them so i noramlly dont bother , but hounestly 6 months later he got a letter from ford saying his car is worth more now as a trade in price than what he brought it for off the forcourt lol it was up for 7200 thn went down to 6500 thn ford had that make us an offer thing and he said 5000 and ford said ok lol it was a steal !!
artscot79
round my way from ford an 09/09 reg ford focus 1.8tdci duratorq new 12,795

ford focus 2.5 st2 19k 12,995 i wish lol

its youre cash mate from what i see the dab and surround is all that differs it from other cars at a lower price if it was me do i need it nope not really could i justify the cash for it nope not really when theres other far cheaper and the problem is you drive it away and it aint worth what you paid this is what cars advice Every version of the Focus is good to drive, and if you choose the right model, it gives you all the kit and space you’re likely to need. Big discounts help to offset poor resale values.and with a new focus due 2011 resale values will drop
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='catch' date='18 August 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1282170375' post='93693']
[/quote]
if u want a zetec s u cant say fairer thn this brand new for only 11 grand its a STEAL !!!
http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-focus-16-zetec-s-hatchback-silver-manual-petrol-ID_1067630000898608.aspx
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='artscot79' date='18 August 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1282171111' post='93697']
round my way from ford an 09/09 reg ford focus 1.8tdci duratorq new 12,795

ford focus 2.5 st2 19k 12,995 i wish lol

its youre cash mate from what i see the dab and surround is all that differs it from other cars at a lower price if it was me do i need it nope not really could i justify the cash for it nope not really when theres other far cheaper and the problem is you drive it away and it aint worth what you paid this is what cars advice Every version of the Focus is good to drive, and if you choose the right model, it gives you all the kit and space you’re likely to need. Big discounts help to offset poor resale values.and with a new focus due 2011 resale values will drop
[/quote]
i still think this is the best deal i found and he can do this for 11750 , watch think ???
http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-focus-16td-zetec-hatchback-metallic-panther-black-manual-diesel-ID_1067330000990175.aspx
artscot79
[quote name='poshpawsfiesta' date='18 August 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1282171665' post='93700']
i still think this is the best deal i found and he can do this for 11750 , watch think ???
[url="http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-focus-16td-zetec-hatchback-metallic-panther-black-manual-diesel-ID_1067330000990175.aspx"]http://www.fordonlin...0000990175.aspx[/url]
[/quote]

its a nice car very low miles basically new in diesel terms with that mileage and a good price as well if you want it go for it what you got to lose ita a very nice car ide be tempted ;)
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='artscot79' date='18 August 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1282172046' post='93701']
its a nice car very low miles basically new in diesel terms with that mileage and a good price as well if you want it go for it what you got to lose ita a very nice car ide be tempted ;)
[/quote]
i like it , it hasnt got the d.a.b but has the sports pack wich i love :) like you i dont really care about reg number either really , low millage and spec is more important for me :):)
artscot79
[quote name='poshpawsfiesta' date='19 August 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1282172868' post='93703']
i like it , it hasnt got the d.a.b but has the sports pack wich i love :) like you i dont really care about reg number either really , low millage and spec is more important for me :):)
[/quote]

well it ticks the boxes then new plates are just a scam to get more sales nothing more but people fall for it car still depreciates when it rolls off the forecourt so for me it would be better buying one that has already depreciated im a scotsman throw money away are you crazy.........they may take our lives but theyll never take .....our moneeeeey:D
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='artscot79' date='18 August 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1282173825' post='93708']
well it ticks the boxes then new plates are just a scam to get more sales nothing more but people fall for it car still depreciates when it rolls off the forecourt so for me it would be better buying one that has already depreciated im a scotsman throw money away are you crazy.........they may take our lives but theyll never take .....our moneeeeey:D
[/quote]
LOL
FordOnline
[quote name='artscot79' date='18 August 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1282169564' post='93687']
[/quote]

Thanks for the link but that shows me the Brand New Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCi @ £14595 plus Metallic and DAB - So thats £15k +. Any luck with the 12G's one?
artscot79
[quote name='FordOnline' date='19 August 2010 - 09:31 AM' timestamp='1282206065' post='93729']
Thanks for the link but that shows me the Brand New Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCi @ £14595 plus Metallic and DAB - So thats £15k +. Any luck with the 12G's one?
[/quote]

whats the issue? the links were to show he can get a car cheaper than the one stated yes you can buy them for less not with dab or surround but like the guy says who cares he doesnt really need it nor does he really need a 60plate focus when he can get a low mileage used one only 6 months old for 5 grand less im not here to sell cars the guy asked a question and got an honest answer the price qouted is good with the dab and sports pack i cant find that one cheaper but i can find lots cheaper with sports pack but no dab and surround even honest john has deals at 13k.

and to top it off i believe that this question has been started before with 52 replies on the fiesta forum with the price of the fiesta hopefully the mods will end these discussions as they are starting to go on and on with the same questions though they have been answered.

if the guy wants it he will buy it, being impartial we like to tell them the truth like the depreciation and the fact the new focus in 2011 will make the depreciation on a new focus now heavier in the future hence why dealers are trying to get shot of them now with there deals its his choice not mine its a good price if thats what he wants
catch
got to say I can understand where your coming from one this on artscot79. Soon as I saw the post your replying to above, I thought what is it with some people ....millions of people other side of the globe homeless...and here on the Ford forum ..............:rolleyes:
artscot79
[quote name='catch' date='19 August 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1282226417' post='93759']
got to say I can understand where your coming from one this on artscot79. Soon as I saw the post your replying to above, I thought what is it with some people ....millions of people other side of the globe homeless...and here on the Ford forum ..............:rolleyes:
[/quote]

its aforum i suppose people will always agree to disagree
catch
poshpawsfiesta does your mate fancy adding another [url="http://www.more-bhp.com/focus/ford-focus-ii-16-16v-115-remap.html"]12 ponies for £199 ?[/url] :D

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615