Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo New Clutch & Flywheel Is 1200 Expensive
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Mr Kipling
My father in law has a previous gen Mondeo, 2004 or 2005 model tdci 2.0 115bhp version. He's been told he needs a new clutch and flywheel and says the best quote he got was for 1200 is this expensive and if so can anyone reccommend a good indy in the London area, he's in south west London but can travel.

Also the clutch didn't last that long, approx 40K is this normal assuming his driving style is normal and he doesn't ride the clutch or perhaps is this a known fault, finally ( whew lots of questions ) would a warranty for a 5 year old car have cost much.

Thanks in anticipation.
stef123
[quote name='Mr Kipling' date='18 August 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1282156754' post='93615']
My father in law has a previous gen Mondeo, 2004 or 2005 model tdci 2.0 115bhp version. He's been told he needs a new clutch and flywheel and says the best quote he got was for 1200 is this expensive and if so can anyone reccommend a good indy in the London area, he's in south west London but can travel.

Also the clutch didn't last that long, approx 40K is this normal assuming his driving style is normal and he doesn't ride the clutch or perhaps is this a known fault, finally ( whew lots of questions ) would a warranty for a 5 year old car have cost much.

Thanks in anticipation.
[/quote]

i would imagine the problem isnt actually the clutch but the dual mass flywheel, these are expensive on any car to replace. the cost of parts alone is probably around 500+
At a guess i would have reckoned about 800-1000 but then i dont know what garage prices are like in london.
mintalkin
flywheel+clutch £400 for the parts and then fitting charge at local garage,thats from eurocar parts.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615