Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem With Newly Purchased Tdci 1.8
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Glasgow
Hi,

I collected my new focus 1.8 TDCi (59 plate, <15000 miles) 3 weeks ago.
I am now noticing that EVERY time I start the car and move off, within 5- 10 seconds, I can hear a dull clunk from what I think is the undercarriage (reminds me of a cable slapping onto the underside of the car). On occasion, I can feel the noise "kick" up the accelerator pedal.
I am a complete novice with cars and how they work, and will be looking to take it back into the garage- but can anyone give me an idea of what I might be hearing/ feeling?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

cheers

Graeme
artscot79
[quote name='Glasgow' date='22 August 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1282505776' post='94218']
Hi,

I collected my new focus 1.8 TDCi (59 plate, <15000 miles) 3 weeks ago.
I am now noticing that EVERY time I start the car and move off, within 5- 10 seconds, I can hear a dull clunk from what I think is the undercarriage (reminds me of a cable slapping onto the underside of the car). On occasion, I can feel the noise "kick" up the accelerator pedal.
I am a complete novice with cars and how they work, and will be looking to take it back into the garage- but can anyone give me an idea of what I might be hearing/ feeling?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

cheers

Graeme
[/quote]

sounds suspension related either way take it back asap
Leemaxd
Yea don't muck about take it back.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615