Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swapping Cd Player???
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bigdaz86
i have just bought a sony 6 cd player for my focus and will be swapping it over for the old one. how hard is it to do this and do i need any special tools? oh the sony cd player is the one found in focuses so is same shape etc.
Nigel S
You just need the four special keys to get the old one out* then it's plug, fit and play. The keys are available on the 'net for under a tenner.

Where did you get the Sony from? I would like one too!

*If you ask nicely most Ford dealers will freely get your old stereo out for you.
bigdaz86
[quote name='Nigel S' date='26 August 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1282818795' post='94722']
You just need the four special keys to get the old one out* then it's plug, fit and play. The keys are available on the 'net for under a tenner.

Where did you get the Sony from? I would like one too!

*If you ask nicely most Ford dealers will freely get your old stereo out for you.
[/quote]
cool thanks for that al need to get a set. i bought it from ebay for 56 its the 6 disc sony one it should be good. it only went so cheap because it didnt have the key code and it had a v serial number which your supposed to need a dealer to get but i found a guy on ebay who can get the code for under 5 so its been a real bargain.

Full Colour Version: Swapping Cd Player???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.