Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interferance Or Non Interferenace???
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
dazza101
Hi

to update my earler post, my timing belt has given up the ghost!!!

The engine was sitting at around 1500 rpm, cold engine too, do you think there will be damage?

I have discovered that if the engine is non-interferance, i.e clearance between pistons and valves i might get away with it, but can't find out if it is interference or non-interference?

1997 ford mondeo estate, 1.8 TD endura engine.

cheers
stef123
[quote name='dazza101' date='27 August 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1282897489' post='94814']
Hi

to update my earler post, my timing belt has given up the ghost!!!

The engine was sitting at around 1500 rpm, cold engine too, do you think there will be damage?

I have discovered that if the engine is non-interferance, i.e clearance between pistons and valves i might get away with it, but can't find out if it is interference or non-interference?

1997 ford mondeo estate, 1.8 TD endura engine.

cheers
[/quote]

do you know for sure the belt has snapped/lost tension or whatever?

from autodata the engine is an interference type im afraid
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
oh sorry just replied to your other post.... yes they do cause damaged...mainly snapping the camshaft and holding caps...best look for a new head if this has happened as they not avail seperate....make sure you put a FULL kit on inc idler and tensioner as this is what fails

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615