Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is It Clutch Problem Or Something Bigger?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
brummymojo
Hi I wonder if anyone can help at all.
I have a 52 reg Fusion which has done 60,000 miles. I have an ongoing problem when I am driving and change gear. If I am pulling away in first it is ok, but as soon as I change to 2nd it revvs away and the accelerator spped seems to go from above 3 to below 2 and it stutters for a while then it goes ok. It has been suggested to me that it may be the clutch (which is very high) but wondered if it could be anything else.
I have had 4 new coils (through AA) in the last 18 months and the engine light has been on for moths saying a CAT problem and exhaust problem - but if the light is turned off It passes the Mot so think it is more of a falut.
Any help would be great as am trying to weigh up whether cheaper to get rid of it or get it fixxed.

Thanks
Claxxon
I would tend to discount the clutch as that type of problem happens in any gear and would really cause problems when pulling away from a stop, doing a hill start and generally changing gear. It could be an airflow type of problem where one of the many sensors is causing a stutter in the engine.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.