Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Lamp Holder Loose
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Gazjs
I've been farting about recently changing bulbs in my rear number plates. Its now got to a point where the screws struggle to grip and keep the holder in. I notice there are small rubber type things that the screws went through, perhaps giving them there grip? These have sort of vanished now :lol:
Anyone got any ideas on a solution?
fordpartsman
you could try a dot of silicone in the hole where the rubber bit was, maybe?
Gazjs
Put the silicon in, let it dry and then screw through the silicon, or silicon the screw in?
stef123
super duper glue?
Gazjs
I cant have anything too permanent as I may need to change a bulb at some point :lol:
stef123
[quote name='Gazjs' date='12 September 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1284330446' post='97022']
I cant have anything too permanent as I may need to change a bulb at some point :lol:
[/quote]

only on the threads of the screw/bolt though. super glue is good for fixing screws into plastic
Gazjs
Cheers, will need to try this :D

Full Colour Version: Rear Lamp Holder Loose
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615