Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S-Max Central Locking Fault
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
frankus
Hi there,

We've had our new S-Max for 2 months now and it's a really nice car.

However, 2 weeks ago my wife closed the boot and the keyless locking locked her out!

Our son (6 months) was in his chair in the car and the keys, her purse and phone were locked in the boot.

My wife borrowed a phone and got the fire department to break into the car and retrieve the key.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar with their keyless locking?
frankus
Okay, we've got the car back today and whilst Ford couldn't replicate the locking issue, we did and showed it to them.

If you double lock the car with a door open, the car will lock when you close that door - with the keys are inside - unless it's the drivers door.
ponsaloti
[quote name='frankus' date='03 September 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1283550062' post='95877']
Hi there,

We've had our new S-Max for 2 months now and it's a really nice car.

However, 2 weeks ago my wife closed the boot and the keyless locking locked her out!

Our son (6 months) was in his chair in the car and the keys, her purse and phone were locked in the boot.

My wife borrowed a phone and got the fire department to break into the car and retrieve the key.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar with their keyless locking?
[/quote

I get called out to gain entry to vehicles (usually newer models) with keys locked in the boot, so its not that uncommen.
I carry a cut down blade in my wallet for this reason.
I've cut a copy key and cut off the bow so its as small as possible but I can get the door open if I lock my working key in the van.
If you need the same, give me a call.I'm in Benfleet, just down the road from you.

Full Colour Version: S-Max Central Locking Fault
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.