Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Con Water In Footwell
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Galaxy Club
I have a 2008 Galaxy and the when using the air con after about 20 minutes water comes out of a pipe at the bottom right hand side of the centre console and pours into the driver footwell. This same pipe has air blowing out of it all the time when you have the heater running (even if not using aircon) You would not notice the pipe unless you remove the trim panel at the bottom of the centre console on drivers side. Does any body know what this pipe is actually for? Surely it would not be designed to drain the water from the air con inside the car!
it is the drain for the aircon and is a common problem for it to become dislodged.
[quote name='mintalkin' date='05 September 2010 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1283675990' post='95994']
it is the drain for the aircon and is a common problem for it to become dislodged.
Thanks Mintalkin - Now just need to find where the drain should be connected to. No doubt somewhere difficult!
That pipe is the condensation drainage tube for the aircon evaporator. It should go through a hole in the bulk head or floor. You might have to jack the car up and have a look around near where the transmission tunnel is.

Full Colour Version: Air Con Water In Footwell
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615