Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 1.8 Zetec (2001) Cambelt Interval
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
chrisrhondda
Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could let me know when the cambelt should be changed on a
1.8Zetec 2001 model

Regards
Chris :D
artscot79
[quote name='chrisrhondda' date='09 September 2010 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1284008917' post='96549']
Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could let me know when the cambelt should be changed on a
1.8Zetec 2001 model

Regards
Chris :D
[/quote]

ford state 100k or 10 years however only the belt is gauranteed to last that long and its the tensioner that commonly fails haynes recommend 70k for a full cambelt kit which is tensioner guides pulleys and belt dont just change the belt good idea to change the fan belt while you are there i paid 220 at ford for everything inc parts labour and vat only if its done at ford is the belt gauranteede if it failed early i wouldnt leave it 100k or 10 years in fact at 70k i was told my tensioner when it was replaced during the belt kit was close to going i seen it and trust me it would have went

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615