Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tightening Torques
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
HeadShoT2009
Ive found someone to lend me a torque wrench so all i need now is to find the torques settings for the rear hub nuts and rear wheels for a 2001 1.6 ford focus
HeadShoT2009
Sorry i forgot to thank u inadvance
tommy.h
hi headshot

235nm rear front 300-332 nm

tom
tommy.h
Hi headshot

try this for FOCUS (98) 1.6 16V.

tom
bt_cav
Hey Guys
just beenn having a look at my rear brakes, but my torque wrench measures in Ft Lbs (25<250) increments of 25Ft lbs or Mkg (3.5<34.5)

can anyone tell me the correct torque in Ft lbs

any help very much [color="#000000"]Appreciated[/color]
stef123
235Nm is 173ft-lbs
bt_cav
cheers Stef :D

also should a use a slightly lower torque since its not a "new" bearing, I just took the drum off to adjust the shoes out a tad
bt_cav
Torqued them up to 150 Ft-lbs which felt like it prity tight then up to 160Ft-lbs and I'm happy with that.

The hub nuts did not seem overly tight when I removed them, It was a garage who replaced the rear wheel bearings and they were last to have the drums off...
stef123
[quote name='bt_cav' timestamp='1359819211' post='232544']
Torqued them up to 150 Ft-lbs which felt like it prity tight then up to 160Ft-lbs and I'm happy with that.

The hub nuts did not seem overly tight when I removed them, It was a garage who replaced the rear wheel bearings and they were last to have the drums off...
[/quote]

they probably never torqued them up in the first place then.
bt_cav
My thoughts exactly,
The Garage replaced one of the wheel bearings a few weeks before I sorted out my rear brakes, as the bearing became very noisey over xmas even though I couldnt find the invoice for the job the garage was happy enough to replace the bearing under warrenty.

Think in future Ill check the hub nuts if anyone else has them off

Full Colour Version: Tightening Torques
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.