Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boot Release Switch
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
HeadShoT2009
My boot release switch is a bit tempermental( i tested the it by bending a staple and putting it in the connector block and work everytime) so was wondering how much a switch costs and how u remove it from the surround. I know this is not related but thought id say i had my mot today amd the car failed as the n/s/f windscreen wiper did not clear the screen completly( lest a few lines sort of thing) and they rang i said do you want us to fit a set for 40 so i said to the guy ur having a laugh right 40 for wipers and fitting, i said no thanks i go to wilkos and get them n fit them and bring it bak in the morning( wipers only cost me 16) thanks for the help with the switch inadvance
artscot79
[quote name='HeadShoT2009' date='10 September 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1284148971' post='96804']
My boot release switch is a bit tempermental( i tested the it by bending a staple and putting it in the connector block and work everytime) so was wondering how much a switch costs and how u remove it from the surround. I know this is not related but thought id say i had my mot today amd the car failed as the n/s/f windscreen wiper did not clear the screen completly( lest a few lines sort of thing) and they rang i said do you want us to fit a set for 40 so i said to the guy ur having a laugh right 40 for wipers and fitting, i said no thanks i go to wilkos and get them n fit them and bring it bak in the morning( wipers only cost me 16) thanks for the help with the switch inadvance
[/quote]

ide advise hitting the scrappies youll get 2 switches for next to nowt and as you know its easy to check them so easy job really
catch
[quote name='HeadShoT2009' date='10 September 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1284148971' post='96804']wondering how much a switch costs and how u remove it from the surround.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11292"]See related thread complete with pictures[/url]
darrensmith
i had problems with mine. stripped it down theres a little white rubber bit that pushes the micro-switch. this had slipped down, so the button prong was just missing it( unless tapped hard with 2 fingers 10 times) repositioned the the rubber button clicked it back together, been fine since.
there was 1 at the scrapies the other day, but only just read this post.

click the link to buy 1 off ebay, that's the cheapest 1 on there
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Focus-MK1-Boot-Release-Switch-Button-98-04-ST170-/140452562431?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b3a005ff

Full Colour Version: Boot Release Switch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.