Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whining Noise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
reprised
Hi all,

I have started noticing a whining noise on my Focus 1.6 57 plate and I'm not sure where it is coming from. It only seems to appear at about 2800 rpm in all gears and speeds but if I dip the clutch the noise disappears. Does anyone have an idea of what it may be?

Thanks

:)
artscot79
[quote name='reprised' date='10 September 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1284153826' post='96809']
Hi all,

I have started noticing a whining noise on my Focus 1.6 57 plate and I'm not sure where it is coming from. It only seems to appear at about 2800 rpm in all gears and speeds but if I dip the clutch the noise disappears. Does anyone have an idea of what it may be?

Thanks

:)
[/quote]

gearbox by the sound of it the ford gearbox is notorious for making a sklight whine
H3lly
Slave cylinder in the box? I get a similar sound on my focus going from your description.
reprised
Hi chaps,

Thanks for the replies. Is it something to worry about or just live with? I mainly drive at 70 on the motorway so don't hear it much of the time.
artscot79
[quote name='reprised' date='11 September 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1284197410' post='96854']
Hi chaps,

Thanks for the replies. Is it something to worry about or just live with? I mainly drive at 70 on the motorway so don't hear it much of the time.
[/quote]

a small whine is acceptable and common many fords have it and ford will tell you its to be expected my old vw had it 2 nowt to wotry about unless its very loud

Full Colour Version: Whining Noise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615