Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tddi Cl Wont Start.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
mophead
ok so the car was running fine all day, i got back in the car at tee time only for it to not start, it turns over but wont kick in, i dont think its the battery and theres plenty of deisel in the tank, i got back in the car this morning and it took a few seconds but the car started and workined fine, i got home turned the engine of and tried to re-start the engine....yet again it wouldnt start =\ any input on this would be great as im at a loss guys! =)
David.
artscot79
[quote name='mophead' date='12 September 2010 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1284291069' post='96951']
ok so the car was running fine all day, i got back in the car at tee time only for it to not start, it turns over but wont kick in, i dont think its the battery and theres plenty of deisel in the tank, i got back in the car this morning and it took a few seconds but the car started and workined fine, i got home turned the engine of and tried to re-start the engine....yet again it wouldnt start =\ any input on this would be great as im at a loss guys! =)
David.
[/quote]

there can be many reasons for this mate and the best way of finding out is get it booked into a garage you couold have a blocked diesel filter it could be a wire issue to the glowplugs it could also be a fauloty diesel pump leaky injector overfueling injector a hose leak from any of the air hoses so the first thing to do is do the dash trick thats stickied on the main page see if anything is there and then get it booked into a garage that deals with diesels
mophead
thankyou very much for your reply =) i have no idea where to find this sticky thing on the main page lol, im new to the site so im lost =P

again, thankyou very much ofr your input mate =)

i looked at the stickie and i cannot do it as my car hasing got a trip meter or anything like that its just a standard CL model =)
artscot79
[quote name='mophead' date='12 September 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1284304864' post='96980']
thankyou very much for your reply =) i have no idea where to find this sticky thing on the main page lol, im new to the site so im lost =P

again, thankyou very much ofr your input mate =)

i looked at the stickie and i cannot do it as my car hasing got a trip meter or anything like that its just a standard CL model =)
[/quote]

the mileage reset buttion is what youre looking for not a trip computer the little dash that shows youre mileage has a button on it put key in ignition but dont switch the engine on hold this button down with it held in start the car and keep it held till test appears on the screen now let go each press of the button now cycles through the options youll get dtc come up then either none or codes will appear
mophead
[quote name='artscot79' date='12 September 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1284311198' post='96987']
the mileage reset buttion is what youre looking for not a trip computer the little dash that shows youre mileage has a button on it put key in ignition but dont switch the engine on hold this button down with it held in start the car and keep it held till test appears on the screen now let go each press of the button now cycles through the options youll get dtc come up then either none or codes will appear
[/quote]

but the car wont actualy start lol, well im phoning the dealer up tomoz ive only had it two weeks and had nothing but probs, as a consumer rights i have 6 months to ask them to fix the car or refuind me, other wise i can take it to small claims courts, to me it sounds like my fuel pump, ontop of my egr vlave that was nackards too, i got ripped off well and truely and im about done with it realy =)

thankyou again for your input mate =)
artscot79
[quote name='mophead' date='12 September 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1284313368' post='96993']
but the car wont actualy start lol, well im phoning the dealer up tomoz ive only had it two weeks and had nothing but probs, as a consumer rights i have 6 months to ask them to fix the car or refuind me, other wise i can take it to small claims courts, to me it sounds like my fuel pump, ontop of my egr vlave that was nackards too, i got ripped off well and truely and im about done with it realy =)

thankyou again for your input mate =)
[/quote]

i would take it back and request a refund or another car simply tell them you spoke to citizens advice who will take youre case on if necessary and that the car is not fit for the purpose the car doesnt need to start you can still do it with the ignition switched on to position 2
mophead
[quote name='artscot79' date='12 September 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1284315182' post='96995']
i would take it back and request a refund or another car simply tell them you spoke to citizens advice who will take youre case on if necessary and that the car is not fit for the purpose the car doesnt need to start you can still do it with the ignition switched on to position 2
[/quote]

i have an update, i had a mechanic come out, the fault code pointed to a power fault, so he added a new battery, tried the ignition...no go, the next code came up with imobiliser code fault, luckily he had the new software and was able to recode the key to the pump and problem solved =) the comp hinted that the battery was so low it sent out an electric current throught my system and some how wiped the code out or something like that any hows =\ now it starts first time =) cost us an arm and a leg tho =\ damn expensive battery =( atleast i dont have to walk anymore lol. thankyou for youe help mate, mutch apreciated!
artscot79
[quote name='mophead' date='13 September 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1284410566' post='97122']
i have an update, i had a mechanic come out, the fault code pointed to a power fault, so he added a new battery, tried the ignition...no go, the next code came up with imobiliser code fault, luckily he had the new software and was able to recode the key to the pump and problem solved =) the comp hinted that the battery was so low it sent out an electric current throught my system and some how wiped the code out or something like that any hows =\ now it starts first time =) cost us an arm and a leg tho =\ damn expensive battery =( atleast i dont have to walk anymore lol. thankyou for youe help mate, mutch apreciated!
[/quote]

ford batteries arent cheap like most cars made after 2001 they need to be a specific silver/lead calcium battery not lead acid battery or it can cause faults similar to what you experienced ide still go to the garage and try to get somne of the cash back you spent
mophead
[quote name='artscot79' date='13 September 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1284412166' post='97124']
ford batteries arent cheap like most cars made after 2001 they need to be a specific silver/lead calcium battery not lead acid battery or it can cause faults similar to what you experienced ide still go to the garage and try to get somne of the cash back you spent
[/quote]

new update, got in the car this morning, statted first time, took the missus and kid to play group, got back in the car and it wouldnt start, i left it a few mins and tried again..then it started, the car was cheap 1250 but ive spent 300 in the lkast week getting it fixed, i talked to the dealer and they wouldnt play ball, i called trading standards this moring and because i left a mechanic work on it and not the place i bought it from i cant do anything about it, haveyou got any advice on what i should do? im seriously at a loss, i love the car when it wrks but its killing me getting it fixed =(

Full Colour Version: Tddi Cl Wont Start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615