Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is The Black Unit Called Next To Thermostat Housing?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
siber_pir8
Hi guys first poster.
What is the black component called at the front of the engine to the right of the thermostat housing?
Because I have an oil leak from it and its not from the face of the block, its where the black plastic is joined together by some sort of rivets.
Just wondering if i need a new one or will it repair.
Thx
artscot79
[quote name='siber_pir8' date='13 September 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1284379044' post='97044']
Hi guys first poster.
What is the black component called at the front of the engine to the right of the thermostat housing?
Because I have an oil leak from it and its not from the face of the block, its where the black plastic is joined together by some sort of rivets.
Just wondering if i need a new one or will it repair.
Thx
[/quote]

can you post a pic up? to the right of the thermostat housing is the airbox and to the rear is the coil pack not sure what you mean that has rivets on it mate so a pic would be very helpfull
siber_pir8
sorry forgot to mention it was diesel. it is bolted on the side of the head at the end and it has a push rod inside which goes up to the camshaft.
I will get a pic up later tonight though.
thx
rog99
Sounds like the Vacuum pump.
It is used for the brake servo and other vacuum actuators, and it is driven by a pushrod operated directly by a special lobe on the camshaft.

Haynes says that if faulty the pump needs to be replaced.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615