Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
xSoSeductivex
Hello All :)

Im a newbie here! I've recently bought a SportKA and want to make some modifications to it without making it look tacky, and ideas?

Danielle x
Rikos
Hello and welcome to the club.

All depends on how much money you'd like to spend and what you want out of it. If you want a more of a show car then theres body kit, larger wheels, lowered, sound system, light modifications, exhaust, window tints, interior modifications. Then you can also work on the engine ...... there is an endless list.
xSoSeductivex
Well, I was sort of thinking viper stripes and sound system first, maybe some angel lights.. but to be quite honest, im clueless about all this stuff! I know what things are, but I dont know whats good and what isn't, I need help!

Danielle x
Rikos
Well you said not tacky and so viper stripes......................no!!!!!

I know they are on the fiesta ST but i think they are awful! They are called viper stripes for a reason!!

At the end of the day it is your opinion but i really dont like them and think it only looks good on very few cars.

A sound system is a good modificaton and can be done relatively easily and not that expensive.
Rikos
Two attachements.

Viper stripes yes and viper stripes no!!
xSoSeductivex
[quote name='Rikos' post='4475' date='Sep 18 2008, 10:48 AM']Two attachements.

Viper stripes yes and viper stripes no!![/quote]

Ok, I agree with you, no stripes. Lol.

Danielle x
Rikos
What about different wheels and lowering?
xSoSeductivex
See, now thats where I get confused, I wouldn't know where to start!!
Rikos
Nothing to be confused about.

Have a look on websites and magazines for wheels and see if there are any that take your fancy.

Its all personal taste. I'm not sure what sizes fit the ka but i'm sure someone will be along soon that knows.
vinnyvangough
Hi and welcome to the site. Get some pics of your car up and i'll do a few photoshops of it with different wheels, colous, patterns, try some kits, some smoothing etc etc and post back.

Thats if these damn kittens stop trying to steal my mouse.
xSoSeductivex
This is my beast :)

Danielle x
Rikos
Car looks in very good condition.

I would definately say it needs lowering as it does look a little bit high. Some side skirts, front and rear valance wouldnt go a miss either.

Have to see what vinny comes back with after his photoshop exploits!
xSoSeductivex
I only got it Tuesday, I had a piece of crap Renault Clio and fell in love with the KA as soon as I saw it!
Rikos
Must admit i've seen a few people have come from clios to fords on here and i dont think one of them has said they miss the clio in anyway!
vinnyvangough
Right then i'll give it a go
xSoSeductivex
I heard nothing but good things about Ford's so I thought i'd try, the Clio was my first car and I had it for two years. I wasn't even sad to see it go!
vinnyvangough
Fords are awesome lol. I have so found the best set of wheels for your car. They look so sexual.
xSoSeductivex
Lol. Fair enough!
Im clueless when it comes to cars.. so i'll take your word for it! x
vinnyvangough
Wells here's a quick one i done and i love the look of it on these Compomotive's.
I lowered it about 60mm too.

[img]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc282/vinnyvangough/SeductiveKA1.jpg[/img]
xSoSeductivex
That does look pretty hot! But.... im kinda skint after paying for the car... how much would those cost me?! x
vinnyvangough
And one from the back, Lowered, Smoked lights, and de-locked and handled smoothed boot.

[img]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc282/vinnyvangough/SeductiveKA2.jpg[/img]
vinnyvangough
Well those exact wheels in 16"'s cost my mate second hand, 400 with ok tyre's. But they are so so worth it. You would only want 15"s to be honest
xSoSeductivex
Thats not bad really...
Although, im not sure where to get them from lol. Im useless! x
Rikos
I think the wheels would look better in silver and not white in my opinion, lowered looks better and back lights look better!

Also i'd try a number of different wheels before you decide as you dont want to just jump and buy the first set you see.
vinnyvangough
Ebay would be one place to look or go into a wheel dealers and see what they can come up with.
Here's another one.

[img]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc282/vinnyvangough/SeductiveKA3.jpg[/img]
Rikos
Some good photoshopping there mate

Luving the pink sport ka decal :lol:
Secret_Stig
Hey and Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay
xSoSeductivex
Hmmm... im not really feeling the pink...
I had pink wheels on my clio.. and I got ripped the hell out of.. so im steering clear of pink!! x
vinnyvangough
Another....................

[img]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc282/vinnyvangough/SeductiveKA4.jpg[/img]
Rikos
Probably a wise choice to steer clear of pink :lol:

I think darker wheels look better
vinnyvangough
[quote name='Rikos' post='4523' date='Sep 18 2008, 02:32 PM']Some good photoshopping there mate

Luving the pink sport ka decal :lol:[/quote]

Cheers mate, i try my best
xSoSeductivex
I actually quite like the darker ones... hmmm.
Im definately staying away from pink, I got rinsed far too much at work because of them, my clio was "chavtastic" and I dont want that again!! lol x
jen jen
[size=2][color="#000080"]Hey, I own a KA sport. My personal opinion I'd start on lowering the suspension as a foundation point, any car looks stupid on stilts especially when there's new wheels on it. 16's look sweet on a KA and you wont lose the handling or have to worry about scuffing, you can fit 17's but your choice which size. There are some really nice team dynamic wheels in halfords (and i do love the pic with the black wheels) and ebay's a good option to use. have a look on [url="http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/KA"]http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/KA[/url] there's all sorts on there that might help you out.
A light tint is always good, on my old car i went for 45% on the front and i think it was 40% on the back cost me 175. Ask any questions...here to help :P x[/color][/size]
xSoSeductivex
Thanks for all your help guys and dolls, it is appreciated. Any more idea's, please let me know!! :)
Ta
Dani x
Rikos
Be very careful with tinting the front windows as the police have clamped down alot on this due to redcued visibility for them to see into your car.

They allow very minimal tints of the front.
vinnyvangough
i think the tints have to allow something like 75% of light through. Dont quote me on that.

Full Colour Version: Newbie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.