Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo Mk3 1.8 Duratec Engine Swap
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
VIPERS FAN
hi guys i am after a little bit of advice i own a mondeo 1.8 duratec he. the engine is knackard and i was wondering if you can do a straight swap a 1.8 engine for another 1.8 engine and would i need the ecu or any other parts to go with the new engine.also would a 2 litre engine go straight in with out any problems any advice would be great

thanks phil
maximoke
[quote name='VIPERS FAN' date='13 September 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1284409825' post='97120']
hi guys i am after a little bit of advice i own a mondeo 1.8 duratec he. the engine is knackard and i was wondering if you can do a straight swap a 1.8 engine for another 1.8 engine and would i need the ecu or any other parts to go with the new engine.also would a 2 litre engine go straight in with out any problems any advice would be great

thanks phil
[/quote]
Hi Phil. I can't talk directly about the 1.8 HE, but I have just changed my 2.0 HE engine in my MK3. I swapped like for like on just the engine and all went well. I am using the sensors that came on the replacement engine and the thing fired straight up and is working well. I would guess that you could swap like for like with no problems. Thx Antony.
VIPERS FAN
Hi guys I have eventually bought a 2.0 litre engine for my originally 1.8 mk3 mondeo just wondering if I need to use my injectors off my. 1.8 engine or can I just plug in and use the injectors that came with the 2.0litre engine. I have had the car turning over but i am unable. To start the car any ideas would be a great help. .thanks Phil

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.