Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harsh Ride On B Roads In My Mondeo St
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
vwpeteh
I love my Mondeo ST estate, bar 1 thing, the ride when on bumpy B roads. Hit a pot hole, however small, and I feel like my teeth will fall out and the car suspension will fall apart. I'm guessing this is normal. Can anyone suggest any way to 'soften' the ride. I've driven other variants and the suspension/dampers take the ride well but the handling isnt as sharp. Somebody suggested a higher profile tire next time round would help without compromising the ride too much. Any suggestions or comments welcome! I'm off to the dentist for new teeth.
artscot79
[quote name='vwpeteh' date='14 September 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1284457826' post='97166']
I love my Mondeo ST estate, bar 1 thing, the ride when on bumpy B roads. Hit a pot hole, however small, and I feel like my teeth will fall out and the car suspension will fall apart. I'm guessing this is normal. Can anyone suggest any way to 'soften' the ride. I've driven other variants and the suspension/dampers take the ride well but the handling isnt as sharp. Somebody suggested a higher profile tire next time round would help without compromising the ride too much. Any suggestions or comments welcome! I'm off to the dentist for new teeth.
[/quote]

unfortunately thats how it comes my zetecs quite firm the st is firmer you could get a diff tyre but it wont make that much difference really om afraid to say there isnt much you can do
dp1987
Its because of the 18 inch alloys with low profile tyres isnt it?? My dad has the "2.5 ZETEC S" that has the same alloys and its a very hard ride and u feel everything in the road. Thats the way most cars are with big alloys and low profile tyres.
My pokey little 15 inch standard Focus alloys make for a for more comfy ride than my dads Mondeo but thats the price u pay to make the car look good.
chrismarriott66
I have the Zetec S (hatch) with firm suspension + 18" alloys and yes I agree the ride is pretty firm, however, it goes round corners... my dad has the ghia x with soft suspension + 17" alloys and it's like driving a ferry.

Maybe a good compromise would be to drop down to the 17" wheels, however, it might not make a huge difference.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.