Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cambelt Or Chain.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
john5
Hi
I have an 06 MK 2 Focus I.6 LX TDCI 90, I took it to a garage today to get a price for fitting a cam belt. the guy at the desk said it maybe a chain not a belt, he had a look and said he could not tell what it was, ( needless to say I won't be taking it to him for the job ) Is there anyway I can see if it's a belt or not, without taking things apart? this was not a Ford agents but it was a big garage, not a one man band, a bit worrying.

cheers

John.
dezwez
[quote name='john5' date='14 September 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1284480409' post='97223']
Hi
I have an 06 MK 2 Focus I.6 LX TDCI 90, I took it to a garage today to get a price for fitting a cam belt. the guy at the desk said it maybe a chain not a belt, he had a look and said he could not tell what it was, ( needless to say I won't be taking it to him for the job ) Is there anyway I can see if it's a belt or not, without taking things apart? this was not a Ford agents but it was a big garage, not a one man band, a bit worrying.

cheers

John.
[/quote]
take your reg number to ford main dealer they will tell you :)
alz
Its a cam belt this is a photo from my owners workshop manual
john5
Thanks both for your replys, in fairness the guy he said that he thought this was about the time they changed from belt back to chain, don't know if that's right or not, thanks again.

cheers

John.
artscot79
[quote name='john5' date='14 September 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1284485438' post='97245']
Thanks both for your replys, in fairness the guy he said that he thought this was about the time they changed from belt back to chain, don't know if that's right or not, thanks again.

cheers

John.
[/quote]

remember you want a cambelt kit not just the belt
john5
Yeah cheers for that mate.

Full Colour Version: Cambelt Or Chain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615