Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are Ford Going To Be On The Decline In 2011?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
dp1987
I know the Focus has always been a great handling reliable car but there is [b]no way[/b] that MK3 coming at the start of 2011 is going to sell as many as the current model.
Its so cheap and kia/mazda looking and i bet they will up the price aswell. They are also launching the new facelift Mondeo around the same time which still looks rubbish.

So my point FORD rely on the UK market as they dont sell that well in europe or America. The Focus has always been there heavyweight and that will now decline for sure. If the focus price goes up who is going to buy that when they can get a Golf, Bmw 1 series or a Audi A3 "which are becoming really popular" for around the same price :huh: .
They have suffered over the years after the decline in the MONDEO. The original Mondeo that replaced the Sierra was a massive seller for years including the other shapes. But since launching the new shape in 2007 its seen its worst sales. The Mondeo being re released with the FOCUS in 2011 is £25,000 for the top of the range model :o the same price as the Audi A4, Bmw 3 series, Saab etc which are all far more appealing than the boring Mondeo.
They have lost alot of custom with it since 2007 by pricing themselves above the former buyers price tag trying to rival the BMW etc when the badge will never let it.

They are lucky the new Fiesta is selling well but with the rubbish Mondeo, poor KA and KUGA and new UGLY Focus coming IN 2011 it could be a bad year for Ford. :(
darrensmith
[quote name='dp1987' date='16 September 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1284656319' post='97488']
I know the Focus has always been a great handling reliable car but there is [b]no way[/b] that MK3 coming at the start of 2011 is going to sell as many as the current model.
Its so cheap and kia/mazda looking and i bet they will up the price aswell. They are also launching the new facelift Mondeo around the same time which still looks rubbish.

So my point FORD rely on the UK market as they dont sell that well in europe or America. The Focus has always been there heavyweight and that will now decline for sure. If the focus price goes up who is going to buy that when they can get a Golf, Bmw 1 series or a Audi A3 "which are becoming really popular" for around the same price :huh: .
They have suffered over the years after the decline in the MONDEO. The original Mondeo that replaced the Sierra was a massive seller for years including the other shapes. But since launching the new shape in 2007 its seen its worst sales. The Mondeo being re released with the FOCUS in 2011 is 25,000 for the top of the range model :o the same price as the Audi A4, Bmw 3 series, Saab etc which are all far more appealing than the boring Mondeo.
They have lost alot of custom with it since 2007 by pricing themselves above the former buyers price tag trying to rival the BMW etc when the badge will never let it.

They are lucky the new Fiesta is selling well but with the rubbish Mondeo, poor KA and KUGA and new UGLY Focus coming IN 2011 it could be a bad year for Ford. :(
[/quote]
i hope not ive had a mark 1 ford estate for yrs and i still enjoy driving it as much now as i ever have. im gonna change it in a couple of yrs and most of my mates have turned to volvo estates id like to stay with ford..and with rumours of the next 2011 focus st dropping the 3 door and adding a estate option i mite be swayed to stay. thats if i can stomach the interior and that god awful front grill (wont look as big with a number plate on it i suppose) .. lol
ford focus edge
Ford are going to be crippled next year and the end of this however if they give any good deals with the end of the mk2.5 focus they might get abit of a boom then also online there offering a discount already across the range. Theyve now facelifted the mondeo it looks abit tider but id still buy a 2nd hand 07plate mk3.

As for staying with ford i want to but the models i like are out of my price range by a long way and i dont want another mk1 focus really there getting abit long in the tooth now so im going to have to part company with ford i think and take a plundge and look at a mazda3 and a vauxhall astra sri (04-10 model) sorry ford.
dp1987
[quote name='darrensmith' date='16 September 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1284660252' post='97510']
i hope not ive had a mark 1 ford estate for yrs and i still enjoy driving it as much now as i ever have. im gonna change it in a couple of yrs and most of my mates have turned to volvo estates id like to stay with ford..and with rumours of the next 2011 focus st dropping the 3 door and adding a estate option i mite be swayed to stay. thats if i can stomach the interior and that god awful front grill (wont look as big with a number plate on it i suppose) .. lol
[/quote]

The mondeo ST220 estates are supposed to be great if u can afford the insurance of group 16 and they still look the part in the ST blue.

[img]http://www.autoweb.co.uk/compupix/ford-mondeo-estate-petrol_1882466.jpg[/img]
dp1987
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='16 September 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1284661207' post='97513']
Ford are going to be crippled next year and the end of this however if they give any good deals with the end of the mk2.5 focus they might get abit of a boom then also online there offering a discount already across the range. Theyve now facelifted the mondeo it looks abit tider but id still buy a 2nd hand 07plate mk3.

As for staying with ford i want to but the models i like are out of my price range by a long way and i dont want another mk1 focus really there getting abit long in the tooth now so im going to have to part company with ford i think and take a plundge and look at a mazda3 and a vauxhall astra sri (04-10 model) sorry ford.
[/quote]

I would have a focus anyday over a ASTRA or MAZDA ;)
When i change soon Im looking at the Golf 2005 onwards shape or a Audi A3 mk2 as they are around the same group insurance as my 1.8 Focus anyways.
ford focus edge
Lol i wouldant go near a golf or an audi audi's ride to hard and vw's go wrong all the time :P the astra and the mazda are insurable but zee german auto's ist not good on zee insurance yah and if they made 06ish plate mk1's id have yet another one but newest is 05 and im after about 57-08 next. My dads got a st220 there MONSTERS haha loves it to peices
darrensmith
[quote name='dp1987' date='16 September 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1284661332' post='97514']
The mondeo ST220 estates are supposed to be great if u can afford the insurance of group 16 and they still look the part in the ST blue.

[img]http://www.autoweb.co.uk/compupix/ford-mondeo-estate-petrol_1882466.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

They are very nice will just have to see how the banks looking near the time.
dp1987
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='16 September 2010 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1284663921' post='97530']
Lol i wouldant go near a golf or an audi audi's ride to hard and vw's go wrong all the time :P the astra and the mazda are insurable but zee german auto's ist not good on zee insurance yah and if they made 06ish plate mk1's id have yet another one but newest is 05 and im after about 57-08 next. My dads got a st220 there MONSTERS haha loves it to peices
[/quote]

Yeh but they look good ha :D . Mt mate's got a Golf GTI 2008 thats a R32 replica in Black with the 18 inch alloys on and its a fanny magnet ha :D childish i know but it is. I think they drive good. I like cars that stand out and one's that people are going to look at when driving past thats why im going to go with a Golf or the A3 in Black of course.
As for the St220's My dads got the 2.5 Zetec S and thats fast so i imagine the ST 3.0 is a monster :)
artscot79
[quote name='dp1987' date='16 September 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1284664621' post='97533']
Yeh but they look good ha :D . Mt mate's got a Golf GTI 2008 thats a R32 replica in Black with the 18 inch alloys on and its a fanny magnet ha :D childish i know but it is. I think they drive good. I like cars that stand out and one's that people are going to look at when driving past thats why im going to go with a Golf or the A3 in Black of course.
As for the St220's My dads got the 2.5 Zetec S and thats fast so i imagine the ST 3.0 is a monster :)
[/quote]

where ford will lose is on warranty and quality ive driven a kia ceed and ill be honest its a well built fantastic reliable car with 7 year warranty then the new astra has popped up with a 100k or as many years as it takes to hit 100k warranty which for someone like me were talking 10 years plus now pugeot has upped its game with breakdown servicing etc etc where is ford? ford cant offer the warranty because they know there cars dont have the build quality.

in my opinion if ford want to stay at the top of there game they need an assembly line like honda where its impossible to make a mistake where all the parts are tested to destruction and the cars are built then fully checked over before sale ford has its biggest problem in that it doesnt have and hasnt had since the mk1 mk1.5 focus a reliabkle car they have all suffered non warranty covered faults putting many off ford altogether vauxhall are in a do or die situatiuon the new astra is stated as the best they ever built with quality on par with vw when they used to build great cars the new astra will sell like hort cakes pugeot will sell well as will toyota and hionda while ford try to play catch up.

we want quality ford i can put up with the fish face styling if the car was well built quality materials reliable and most of all had a no quibbles warranty like most manufacturers and dare i say ford sales need a kick up the ars e there attitude stinks after they sell the car my mate shyundai had a little rattle from the dash he took it ion they gave him a courtesy car full of petrol and removed the whole dash .the whole dash to find a rattle that wasnt even that bad 2 days later the car was ready it was a metal clip that was loose all fixed and valeted for him no charge no moaning mechanics nowt they just sorted it
adzmcp
Lol Ford offer a 3 year warrenty because they don't need to offer more. KIA offer 7 to get customers in. WE have KIA next to us in one month there has been 3 souls needing new engines after 300 miles. Mmmm not good. Toyota have to offer a longer warrenty to help attract people after the crazy recalls and things going wrong. Hyundai is same as KIA and lmao let's not start on the vauxhall one with so many loop holes. As every year goes on it covers less and less and you HAVE to get it serviced with them so They have upped there service costs. You can not take it to any VAT registered garage like other manufacturs. Ford won't struggle at all next year. With about 6 or 7 new cars been launched its going to be a good year for them. must admit the KIA ceed is a good drive but the new focus next year is going to be such high quality. KIA have also increased there prices a lot. We have people walking in to buy Ford after seeing some of there prices and saying I am on. Paying that for a KIA. 30k for one of them lol. Mental

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615