Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Main Dealer Cam Belt Price
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
darrensmith
As my focus estate has just hit 84,000 and 9 yrs old ive been thinking its about time the cam belt was changed so ive made some calls and stopped in on my local garages to get a few prices. i live just 10 mins from a ford main service department and dealer so i thought id go in and ask (if only for the comedy value)i was surprised when he looked up from his chair hidden inside a big ford coat and said 220 quid all in for the full kit and we need the car for only 2 to 3 hrs half a day at most...
The cheapest price i had from the independents was 185.00 and most was 300.00.
i was more than surprised, in fact i was so taken back when he said we can do it next friday after muttering the price i agreed.
its booked in.

ive read some posts concerning the cam belts on the focus and the water pump seems to be mentioned is this just a precaution or are they prone to failure at this type of mileage if so anything else i want to consider? within reason if it isn't broke. etc.

any help appreciated..
artscot79
[quote name='darrensmith' date='16 September 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1284657352' post='97496']
As my focus estate has just hit 84,000 and 9 yrs old ive been thinking its about time the cam belt was changed so ive made some calls and stopped in on my local garages to get a few prices. i live just 10 mins from a ford main service department and dealer so i thought id go in and ask (if only for the comedy value)i was surprised when he looked up from his chair hidden inside a big ford coat and said 220 quid all in for the full kit and we need the car for only 2 to 3 hrs half a day at most...
The cheapest price i had from the independents was 185.00 and most was 300.00.
i was more than surprised, in fact i was so taken back when he said we can do it next friday after muttering the price i agreed.
its booked in.

ive read some posts concerning the cam belts on the focus and the water pump seems to be mentioned is this just a precaution or are they prone to failure at this type of mileage if so anything else i want to consider? within reason if it isn't broke. etc.

any help appreciated..
[/quote]

same as i paid mate the pump runs off the fan belt and its checked when they do thecambelt kit so just get the belt done
darrensmith
[quote name='artscot79' date='16 September 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1284658210' post='97500']
same as i paid mate the pump runs off the fan belt and its checked when they do thecambelt kit so just get the belt done
[/quote]
ive started to notice a little squeal when car started from cold (not every time). it doesn't increase with the revs like a slipping fan belt and is silent after a mile or 2 just on damp cold days and only ever in the morning.. fan belt seems to be tight..
could be the aircon motor/alternator?

anything i can do i.e belt treatment spay. etc try and nail it down before the cam belt gets done..

any help appreciated
artscot79
[quote name='darrensmith' date='16 September 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1284659283' post='97507']
ive started to notice a little squeal when car started from cold (not every time). it doesn't increase with the revs like a slipping fan belt and is silent after a mile or 2 just on damp cold days and only ever in the morning.. fan belt seems to be tight..
could be the aircon motor/alternator?

anything i can do i.e belt treatment spay. etc try and nail it down before the cam belt gets done..

any help appreciated
[/quote]

when you take it in mention it and theyll likely check and if nowt sort it for free

Full Colour Version: Ford Main Dealer Cam Belt Price
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.