Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where To Get A Service?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
WHITEyy118
I have a 56 reg focus that has only done 40k. It has had 3 previous services at Ford dealers and the last of which was last Oct with only 31k. So my question is do I go for a Major service as I've done the 37.5k (when it recommends a major service) or just a full service? Second question is do I stick with Ford dealers for servicing, to continue with the 3 previous and which could help with selling, or go to a Nationwide Autocentre? I've recieved a quote of 259 from both although because I'm with AA I can get 15% off at Nationwide, so which should I choose?

Also another quick question. While getting a quote from Nationwide Autocentre they had the option to include Duxback Treatment for the windscreen. It looks promising but I just wondered is it worthwhile? Its an extra 20 btw and for those not seen it - http://www.duxback.co.uk/
graemeb90
:D [quote name='WHITEyy118' date='20 September 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1284944418' post='97950']
I have a 56 reg focus that has only done 40k. It has had 3 previous services at Ford dealers and the last of which was last Oct with only 31k. So my question is do I go for a Major service as I've done the 37.5k (when it recommends a major service) or just a full service? Second question is do I stick with Ford dealers for servicing, to continue with the 3 previous and which could help with selling, or go to a Nationwide Autocentre? I've recieved a quote of 259 from both although because I'm with AA I can get 15% off at Nationwide, so which should I choose?

Also another quick question. While getting a quote from Nationwide Autocentre they had the option to include Duxback Treatment for the windscreen. It looks promising but I just wondered is it worthwhile? Its an extra 20 btw and for those not seen it - http://www.duxback.co.uk/
[/quote]

hey :D if it was me and a major service was recommened i would get it done, atleast that way you have peace of mind. a full ford service history always looks good to a buyer but i wouldn't be put off if it wasn't all ford, save yourself the cash :D never heard off that windscreen treatment...could just be another one of those things you never really need done but maybe worth a shot, im curious
WHITEyy118
[quote name='graemeb90' date='21 September 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1285100163' post='98202']
:D

hey :D if it was me and a major service was recommened i would get it done, atleast that way you have peace of mind. a full ford service history always looks good to a buyer but i wouldn't be put off if it wasn't all ford, save yourself the cash :D never heard off that windscreen treatment...could just be another one of those things you never really need done but maybe worth a shot, im curious
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. And I wasn't putting the Major service off its just it only had a service 8k ago so I was just wondering but I probably will go for the Major one. Also I was asking about where to get it done as I know dealer services look good when trying to sell but I've heard things not so good things about Ford dealers so I just thought I'd be better off getting it done somewhere else and just wanted opinions. Any recommendations?

Full Colour Version: Where To Get A Service?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.