Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Double Question, Hopefully Simple.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
cruisindub
Hi all,

1st time poster, and after some simple advice, ......hopefully.
I have an 86 Sierra, 1.8 4 dour hatchback. Well, its my wifes car.
Unfortuantely is 600km away from my work where I stay mostly so I dont get to spend alot of time with it. (I do try to care for it best I can with TLC) My wife has told me that we are due the CT (control Technique) equivalent of MOT.
Since I am taking a work day off to srive the 600+km to France to work on the car and then take it to the CT garage, I dont have a lot of time to view the car and spend time searching, so hopeing for some simple answers from forum memeber. (Thanks in advance)
I am told the horn has stopped working, which I presume is a simple fuse. ??
-Where would I find the fuse for this? Is the panel easily removable/any tricks to do this? Where is the actual horm located?
-also tail lights have a fault,when outting foot on brake pedal, one light goes out and works the indicator light. I presume this is some corrosion to the wiring or lights wiring plug connection, anybody had this happen before? Are the wires colour coded and could I 'easily' bypass this connection and connect all wires individually?

Any help appreciated and Thanks to all in advance.
Much appreciated.
Cheers, CruisinDub
mintalkin
the fusebox should be under the bonnet and will have a plastic cover on it with all the fuse locations marked, the rear light problem will be a bad earth to the lights, remove the earth wire from where it attaches to the body and clean the connections, this should cure your light problem.
cruisindub
[quote name='mintalkin' date='20 September 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1284990317' post='97989']
the fusebox should be under the bonnet and will have a plastic cover on it with all the fuse locations marked, the rear light problem will be a bad earth to the lights, remove the earth wire from where it attaches to the body and clean the connections, this should cure your light problem.
[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Will the earth wire be 'obvious' or something I should look out for especially? (ie green/yellow wire)

Are all fuses under the bonnet/plastic cap?

Thanks again in advance.
mintalkin
as far as i remember all the fuses are in the one fusebox,
the earth wires should be obvious,if cleaning does not sort them out add some supplementary earths.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615