Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disappointed With My Ford Ka 2010
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
HowlinMad
Hi everyone,

I took posession of my brand new Ford KA Zetec yesterday and although I love the car I was very dissapointed to find that there was a gouge in the dashboard and that there was almost 80 miles on the clock. It just feels like a second hand car and I'm so disppointed. Is there anything I can do about this or am I just stuck with the damage? Any answers gratefully received, thanks.
RCJ
[quote name='HowlinMad' date='23 September 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1285229481' post='98403']
Hi everyone,

I took posession of my brand new Ford KA Zetec yesterday and although I love the car I was very dissapointed to find that there was a gouge in the dashboard and that there was almost 80 miles on the clock. It just feels like a second hand car and I'm so disppointed. Is there anything I can do about this or am I just stuck with the damage? Any answers gratefully received, thanks.
[/quote]

were you aware of the mileage before your bought it?

and did you point out the damage on collection? My passenger seat was burnt by some cleaning product and i pointed it out... they couldnt fix so they replaced the seat with a showroom one that came in that day!
Black Thunder
With regards to the damage you should really report it at time of collection, as its down to you to inspect the vehicle upon collection or delivery before signing to accept the vehicle, however if you have a good relationship with the sales staff and the dealership if you report it within 48 hours they should goodwill a repair,
with regards to the mileage this is not excessive as during pre sale the vehicle will have to be transported around VHC ( vehicle holding center ) on and off car transporters to and around dealership compounds to and from PDI departments and road tests and also assuming that the vehicle has not been MDT'd (transfered in from another dealership ) the acceptable amount of pre delivery milage is approx 120 miles, this may sound excessive but an odd mile or two here and there soon mounts up.
I wouldn't be too disapointed as realistically you will probably do more milage within the first two or three days.
Black Thunder
[quote name='RCJ' date='23 September 2010 - 09:59 AM' timestamp='1285231798' post='98407']
were you aware of the mileage before your bought it?

and did you point out the damage on collection? My passenger seat was burnt by some cleaning product and i pointed it out... they couldnt fix so they replaced the seat with a showroom one that came in that day!
[/quote]
zetec bevvie
Have you raised the point about the damage with the dealer?

With regards to the mileage, my Fiesta had 6 miles on it upon collection & new cars I've had in the past have only been about 10 miles maximum.

Think I would have queried the 80 mileage if it was me!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.