Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grinding Brakes
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Jaycon
Hi all,

Im new to this so apologies if something like this has already been asked and solved but here goes...

I have an 03 MK6 Ford Fiesta that I use daily for short journeys. The other day when I was driving it everything was fine then I went to brake and suddenly I heard a sort of bang and the brakes failed and I went straight across a roundabout (managing not to crash) I can hear a sort of grinding scratching sound on the drivers side everytime I push down on the pedal. I have had the wheel off and brake off and cant find any problems?. The brake pad still has a fair amount of tread left (on both sides) so it cant be that. Also the grinding hasn't built up and got worse it was just all of a sudden! any ideas? would much appreciate the help!

Cheers,
johnplus8
Have you checked a mechanic about this problem?

Full Colour Version: Grinding Brakes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615