Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kidding The Airbag System
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
fishpond 47
[size="5"]Hi I have a mk3 2002 mondy and the first thing I done was got a set of leather seats off flebay, you know the story immaculate condition and all that, they was a bargin though just 100, when I got them home and came to fit them I noticed that the airbag wires had been cut off completly, I'm not that bothered about the seat airbags but as you can guess my air bag light now flashes 5 times then stays on, is there a way of kidding the system into thinking the seat airbags are there?[/size]

btw can anybody tell me what size font I should be posting in? lol
gelliott
[quote name='fishpond 47' date='29 September 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1285786049' post='99177']
[size="5"]Hi I have a mk3 2002 mondy and the first thing I done was got a set of leather seats off flebay, you know the story immaculate condition and all that, they was a bargin though just 100, when I got them home and came to fit them I noticed that the airbag wires had been cut off completly, I'm not that bothered about the seat airbags but as you can guess my air bag light now flashes 5 times then stays on, is there a way of kidding the system into thinking the seat airbags are there?[/size]

btw can anybody tell me what size font I should be posting in? lol
[/quote]
no affraid not mate coz it knows theres somthing wrong with system
fishpond 47
[quote name='gelliott' date='30 September 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1285869024' post='99310']
no affraid not mate coz it knows theres somthing wrong with system
[/quote]

when I had the probe I fitted an after market steering in turn removed the drivers air bag so through the probe found out that a resister (or it might have been a diode) across two wires made the airbag light work as normal and was woundering if anybody on here has tried some thing along those lines.

Full Colour Version: Kidding The Airbag System
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.