Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bt_cav
Hey All

My leaking Clutch master cylinder is getting worse, getting dodgie as it shares the brake fluid with the Brake master cylinder. So I have Called Rapid Fit for a price and thought it was fairly reasonable and thought I would share it with you as I have spoken to a few people local to me who have paid over the odds for the same job from an independant garage. I have been quoated 167. Will advise more when the job is done.
:)
r0b3r7
[quote name='bt_cav' date='29 September 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1285800256' post='99234']
Hey All

My leaking Clutch master cylinder is getting worse, getting dodgie as it shares the brake fluid with the Brake master cylinder. So I have Called Rapid Fit for a price and thought it was fairly reasonable and thought I would share it with you as I have spoken to a few people local to me who have paid over the odds for the same job from an independant garage. I have been quoated 167. Will advise more when the job is done.
[/quote]
Not a bad price, mine was shot when I bought my car, only noticed it when the clutch started to engage with the pedal down on the floor... Got it repaired under my 1 yr warranty. Good to know a rough cost in case it needs done in the distant future
flying clutchman
That's a reasonable price as the part is about 95 retail. You don't need to worry about your brakes, the resevoir is divided so even if your clutch runs totally dry your brakes won't.
bt_cav
[quote name='flying clutchman' date='30 September 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1285867321' post='99305']
That's a reasonable price as the part is about 95 retail. You don't need to worry about your brakes, the resevoir is divided so even if your clutch runs totally dry your brakes won't.
[/quote]

Cheers guys

Good to know about the resevoir being divided in to separate parts.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.