Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Oil Is Needed
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Clairewins
Hi everyone.
I am new to this and its a silly question but i have a Focus 1.8 Zetec, (yr 2000) petrol car and i'm not sure which oil i should use. Is it 5W 30 synthetic oil ??

Thanks
billyboggins
[quote name='Clairewins' date='02 October 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1286028662' post='99513']
Hi everyone.
I am new to this and its a silly question but i have a Focus 1.8 Zetec, (yr 2000) petrol car and i'm not sure which oil i should use. Is it 5W 30 synthetic oil ??

Thanks
[/quote]
billyboggins
hi i've got the same car as you and just bought from Halfords 5w/30 ford recommended oil look on the halfords website put in your reg number and they will recommend the oil for your car,as far as i can tell its the same as the Ford oil but much cheaper and bears the Ford logo.Ive just tonight completed a 1500 mile journey no problems but do make sure you get the oil filter changed as well this is essential in my view
-kev-
5w30 is needed for just about any ford these days, petrol and diesel
MrrNoName
5w-30 is correct.

if you would like the oil that ford use get semi-synthetic 5w-30 formula-E

you can buy it from the ford parts desk and its no more expensive then good oil from halfords (£25.99 for 5 litres)

however any 5W-30 oil that conforms to ford specification WSS-M2C913-B will be fine

this has already been discussed in detail, see here :D

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15161

Full Colour Version: Which Oil Is Needed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.