Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leak Drivers Side Footwell
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Jen lee
Hi Guys

I'm new on the block. Love my mondeo :D I've had a look around some of the forum pages but can't find a 'leak' thread, but happy to be directed if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Recently when it has been rainng I have been getting a nice neat puddle in my footwell. Not sure where to start looking. Is mine a mk 3 mondeo? My partner has helped sort out other problems but hoping I can sort this myself.

Also rear screen wash doesn't squirt... :( I've poked the hole not even a dribble. Non techie speak and any pictures would be appreciated :) I am a complete novice and won't take offence at simplistic advice. :D

many thanks in anticipation

Jen
mintalkin
the leak in the front footwells is a common problem and is usually due to the pollen filter cover not fitting correctley at the base of the windscreen, see the link on how to check.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Pollen_-_Odour_Filter_Change

with the rear wash can you hear the motor operating when you pull the stalk?
Focus_ST-3
also check for any loose door seals as this caused a water leak in my Fiesta's rear footwell
Jen lee
[quote name='mintalkin' date='03 October 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1286117326' post='99648']
the leak in the front footwells is a common problem and is usually due to the pollen filter cover not fitting correctley at the base of the windscreen, see the link on how to check.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Pollen_-_Odour_Filter_Change

with the rear wash can you hear the motor operating when you pull the stalk?
[/quote]

ah ok thanks I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find the pollen filter good pics. :) Don't think I can hear the motor for the rear wash but I'll have a listen for that tomorrow as well thanks for the suggestions.

Jen
Jen lee
[quote name='fiesta_zetec-x' date='03 October 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1286132257' post='99674']
also check for any loose door seals as this caused a water leak in my Fiesta's rear footwell
[/quote]

Hi thanks for that too, if I find loose seals should that be a replace or super glue?? I've a few avenues to check tomorrow hoping its not raining...or maybe its better if it is to see what is wet...

Jen

Full Colour Version: Leak Drivers Side Footwell
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.