Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus Mk2 1.6 Zetec Petrol Catalytic Converted Question
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Andy Pyatt
Hello everyone,

I need a new catalytic converter for my Focus Zetec 1.6 petrol 2005 (55 plate). My local garage wanted to charge me 480 for parts and fitting. I've had a look on ebay and found one a lot cheaper, however it does not come with any sensors.

My question is, can I use the sensors from my current cat converter and put them onto the new one?

Many thanks.

Andy
fishpond 47
[quote name='Andy Pyatt' date='03 October 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1286112075' post='99643']
Hello everyone,

I need a new catalytic converter for my Focus Zetec 1.6 petrol 2005 (55 plate). My local garage wanted to charge me 480 for parts and fitting. I've had a look on ebay and found one a lot cheaper, however it does not come with any sensors.

My question is, can I use the sensors from my current cat converter and put them onto the new one?

Many thanks.

Andy
[/quote]

So long as the cat you get off ebay is identical then yes you can just change them over (they can be sods to get off your old one) but I will say fitting new ones is a better option although I myself wouldnt lol, buying the cat is enough outlay in one go)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.