Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reversing Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
milo
i need help, my reversing light has stopped working, i've changed bulb and checked fuse but no good plus with bulb in reversing sensor does'nt work any ideas anyone??????????
fishpond 47
[quote name='milo' date='06 October 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1286380985' post='100072']
i need help, my reversing light has stopped working, i've changed bulb and checked fuse but no good plus with bulb in reversing sensor does'nt work any ideas anyone??????????
[/quote]

Have a look for your reversing light switch (will be on the gearbox,dont know what car you've got so carnt tell you where abouts it is) take the wires off the connector and bridge them (ie put a peice of wire across them) see if your lights come on, if they do then you'll need a new switch. (most likely)
milo
[quote name='fishpond 47' date='06 October 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1286386628' post='100087']
Have a look for your reversing light switch (will be on the gearbox,dont know what car you've got so carnt tell you where abouts it is) take the wires off the connector and bridge them (ie put a peice of wire across them) see if your lights come on, if they do then you'll need a new switch. (most likely)
[/quote]
its a 57 plate st mate
milo
meant 2 put on last post car is a focus st
fishpond 47
I wouldnt have a clue (being hoist) where abouts the switch is on the gearbox on that mate but if you find it and try bridging the wires then that will tell u it's the switch.

Full Colour Version: Reversing Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615