Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta 1.3 Idle Problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
spin331
Hi,
I'm new to this forum but i hope some one can help me.

I have a 1996 Mk 4 fiesta 1.3 endura e. last week i changed the coolant temperature sensor because the gauge wasn't registering anything, i carried out a gauge check by shorting the pins together and the gauge went into the red thus the sender must be at fault!

When i restarted the car it wouldn't idle properly, it would hunt abd then cut out. Having read several forums i did the following:

1. replaced the air filter.

2. replaced several of the breather hoses that where in poor condition.

3. removed the throttle body and cleaned it.

4. replaced the throttle position sensor.

5. replace the idle speed control valve.

6. replaced the spark plugs and gapped them correctly.

7. checked all the fuses.

After doing all these things i disconnected the battery for at least 15 min and up to now nothing has made a differance, I don't know what to try next any suggestions would be appreciated?.
tommy.h
[quote name='spin331' date='09 October 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1286630981' post='100390']
Hi,
I'm new to this forum but i hope some one can help me.

I have a 1996 Mk 4 fiesta 1.3 endura e. last week i changed the coolant temperature sensor because the gauge wasn't registering anything, i carried out a gauge check by shorting the pins together and the gauge went into the red thus the sender must be at fault!

When i restarted the car it wouldn't idle properly, it would hunt abd then cut out. Having read several forums i did the following:

1. replaced the air filter.

2. replaced several of the breather hoses that where in poor condition.

3. removed the throttle body and cleaned it.

4. replaced the throttle position sensor.

5. replace the idle speed control valve.

6. replaced the spark plugs and gapped them correctly.

7. checked all the fuses.

After doing all these things i disconnected the battery for at least 15 min and up to now nothing has made a differance, I don't know what to try next any suggestions would be appreciated?.
[/quote]
hi spin331

i take it that the temp guage is now working? also that car was running ok before this was changed?

tom
spin331
[quote name='tommy.h' date='09 October 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1286652667' post='100434']
hi spin331

i take it that the temp guage is now working? also that car was running ok before this was changed?

tom
[/quote]

The car was running fine other than the temp gauge, the temp gauge seems to be working now but i've not had the car out for a long enough run for the engine to get up to temperature.
spin331
Just a thought i'd give an up date.

The car is now running fine, i was looking over the breather pipes i changed and noticed that in the old one there was a plastic restrictor.

i changed this over and it sems to be running fine now!

Full Colour Version: Fiesta 1.3 Idle Problems
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615