Full Version: Heading Into Winter.....
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
cressws1
Best Wiper Blades:
Best Screenwash:
Best Anti-Freeze:
Your top winter tip:
cressws1
My Anti-Freeze is a pink/orange colour yet the only ford anti freeze i can find seems to be purple in colour. Is this relevant and where am i likely to find the one I need? Help!

Edit: Just found this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_185166_categoryId_229902_langId_-1?cm_vc=IOV4PLPZ1

Sounds like the right one. Also need new front wiper blades, Currently have the flat/aero style but they were cheap nasties from ebay and are crap (smearing etc). Looking at Ford genuine aero or bosch aero wipers that say they are factory fit to most new cars. Any recomendations?
ford focus edge
Ive got a set of bosch areo's on my focus and on the st220 and they work perfectly bit expensive but worth it as for the anti freeze i have no idea mines the same colour as yours ford purple :s not hurd of that one before il try find out what i use if theres any left
cressws1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GENUINE-FORD-ANTI-FREEZE-ANTIFREEZE-5LTR-/330353477020?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cea9a059c#ht_581wt_1302

Thats the purple stuff, Im guessing this is just for the newer fords? On the subject of antifreeze can it just be topped up or does it have to be flushed etc...
catch
[quote name='cressws1' date='10 October 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1286700222' post='100459']

Also need new front wiper blades, Currently have the flat/aero style but they were cheap nasties from ebay and are crap (smearing etc).[/quote]

Oh No, don't tell me they were [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300389112924&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT"]THESE ONES[/url]I've just bought some...............I have not tried them other than putting the washers on when I fit them. But the wife has used them in the rain and said they work fine.......but what would she know she's a woman :P

When I got them I compared them to the originals that they were replacing, and I though......hmmmmm not a substantial as the OEM's................not surprising as they were less than a quarter of the price of Ford wipers.............anyway time will tell I suppose. Still got my old ones in the garage, just that the drivers side one was streaking a bit at the bottom. Not in the line of vision though, and it went through the MOT OK this week with them on.

I just thought that the ones I consequently bought were worth a try at that money.

[quote]Looking at Ford genuine aero or bosch aero wipers that say they are factory fit to most new cars. Any recomendations?
[/quote]
Must say, on our 9 year old Mk1 Focus we had some wipers on that used to make a hell of a noise dragging themselves across a wet! windscreen, though they cleared the screen OK. I replaced them with Bosch wipers bought on Ebay and they were great.

[quote]Thats the purple stuff, Im guessing this is just for the newer fords? On the subject of antifreeze can it just be topped up or does it have to be flushed etc...[/quote]

Topped up should be fine, that said when in for it's service this week, though my anti freeze did not need topping up. My mechanic checked it was up to the job with some sort of gauge, and it was fine.
stef123
the new purple ford anti freeze is compatible with the old pink stuff. as graham from ford parts says, ford didnt change it overnight - what would happen to the millions of vehicles running the pink stuff?
hillmangimp
Agree with the comments made about bosch aero wipers, when i bought my Focus the original wipers were past and I replaced with the bosch variety which have been great. Also if you know you have a weak battery you might want to replace before the winter really sets-you don't want a non starter when its freezing cold and you have to get to work!
cressws1
[quote name='hillmangimp' date='10 October 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1286714226' post='100476']
Agree with the comments made about bosch aero wipers, when i bought my Focus the original wipers were past and I replaced with the bosch variety which have been great. Also if you know you have a weak battery you might want to replace before the winter really sets-you don't want a non starter when its freezing cold and you have to get to work!
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice guys. Had a battery/alternator check a few weeks ago and it was fine. Gonna get some Bosch Aero wipers and top up the coolant/screenwash in preperation. Had 4 new tyres in the past 12 months so they should be ok.

Any other tips?
stef123
[quote name='cressws1' date='10 October 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1286715176' post='100477']
Thanks for the advice guys. Had a battery/alternator check a few weeks ago and it was fine. Gonna get some Bosch Aero wipers and top up the coolant/screenwash in preperation. Had 4 new tyres in the past 12 months so they should be ok.

Any other tips?
[/quote]

ive been using 'goodyear' flat wipers for about a year now, got them out the cash n carry for about 14/15 quid. they have been brilliant so far. are the bosch aero ones an internet thing then or does halfords do them? trade discount in halfords is usually good on the wipers @ less than half price.

speaking of new tyres though, i will need to look into doing that also.

Full Colour Version: Heading Into Winter.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615