Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice Please :-)
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Nathan&Adele
Hi Everyone.

My wife an I have just bought a fiesta 1.25 duratec zetec climate 2008 08 reg.
It has had one owner from new and only covered 4950 miles from new, the oil (looks fine) but due to short journeys and little use for the last 6 months, i thought it would be a good idea to give the car a service .
I went to Ford and explained the situation and because the first service at 1 year/ 12500 miles or the 2year/25000 miles was not carried out, the warranty probably wont be valid :-(
To be honest i always service my own cars and that way i know its been done properly :-)
My Question to you guys is............As i only cover 2-3k a year and most is to and from work which is 3 miles each way, what is the best oil/oil filter to use ? also is it worth changing the plugs ? airfilter ? if so, which is best ?

Ive had a little look and was thinking ... Denso Iridium Power ITV 16 plugs and fully synthetic Magnatec 5W30 oil ?

Many Thanks
Nathan
Nathan&Adele
THANKS ................ :-(
tommy.h
Hi Nathan

recommended plugs are NGK TR5A-10 oil is 5W/30 OR 5W/40 semi synthetic.
every 12.500 miles. timing belt approx 100,000 miles
depending on use.

tom
Gazjs
I would just change the lot, that way you no what has been done when etc. When i done my i just used all the Genuine Ford stuff :)
Nathan&Adele
Thanks for the replies
I bought a genuine Ford oil filter and the magnetic 5w/30

Full Colour Version: Advice Please :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615