Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
WHITEyy118
Hello.

I'm having a problem with my 56 reg Focus TDCi where most mornings when the engine is cold I have problems steering. Turning left is fine but turning right seems to be a problem. Is like I have to overcome some resistance before the car actually turns. However when the engine is warm the problem doesn't occur.

Any ideas? I'm having a Major service soon and do you think that'll do the trick and sort it if it's something to do with the PS fluid (as they change it).
artscot79
[quote name='WHITEyy118' timestamp='1286720009' post='100485']
Hello.

I'm having a problem with my 56 reg Focus TDCi where most mornings when the engine is cold I have problems steering. Turning left is fine but turning right seems to be a problem. Is like I have to overcome some resistance before the car actually turns. However when the engine is warm the problem doesn't occur.

Any ideas? I'm having a Major service soon and do you think that'll do the trick and sort it if it's something to do with the PS fluid (as they change it).
[/quote]

could be the fluid or the accessory belt is a bitt loose or slipping then again it could be a pump or rack issue so best have it looked at just to be safe mate catch it in its early stages
alz
the pump on 56 focus is powered by electric not the drive belt and to check the fluid you have to take the drivers side head light out as the reservoir is under it. also check the wiring plug on the pump.

Full Colour Version: Steering Problems
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.