Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ml1 2004 1.6 Zetec Exhaust
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
r0b3r7
I took delivery of this car in 30th July, with a 1yr warranty. It appears that the front pipe is blowing a bit. I've checked my warranty (it's with Scotsure) but exhausts are exempt... Do I have any comeback so to speak to get the dealer to repair, I've had the car less than 3 months, and from what I've read on here, the front pipe is quite expensive to replace
stef123
[quote name='r0b3r7' date='10 October 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1286742095' post='100551']
I took delivery of this car in 30th July, with a 1yr warranty. It appears that the front pipe is blowing a bit. I've checked my warranty (it's with Scotsure) but exhausts are exempt... Do I have any comeback so to speak to get the dealer to repair, I've had the car less than 3 months, and from what I've read on here, the front pipe is quite expensive to replace
[/quote]

i would very much doubt that you have a come back on this, especially as it is a wear and tear item. unless you could prove that the exhaust was damaged by something being faulty that is covered in the warranty - lets say an engine mount i think you might need to pick the bill up :(

the front pipe and gaskets, will cost you just short of £100 for aftermarket replacements or nearly 300 IIRC for genuine ford plus an hour or two labour. i also need to do this job on my car, but at 9 years old and nearly 100k on the clock its not as big an issue for me but never the less still an expense.

oh, where exactly is the front pipe leaking? from the flexi?

i cant remember what the focus pipe looks like but it is possible on some exhausts just to replace the flexi section by cutting it out and welding/clamping a new one in place.
cressws1
I had the flexi replaced on my mk1 and it cost around 50 quid. However I believe on the 1.5 it may be part of the manifold? Dont hold me to that though.
artscot79
[quote name='cressws1' timestamp='1286782823' post='100589']
I had the flexi replaced on my mk1 and it cost around 50 quid. However I believe on the 1.5 it may be part of the manifold? Dont hold me to that though.
[/quote]

you have no comeback on this its a wear and tear item and wasnt blowing on the day you picked it up the warranty sounds like a dealer silver warranty which if you read it covers nothing wear and tear isnt covered so if youre cam snaps they will tell you its wear and tear if the shock absorber goes its wear and tear theres nothing on the car that can go that cant be claimed to be wear and tear so the warranty is worthless in realityi buy aftermarket warranties with wear and tear included i pay 10 percent of the repair cost but even at 500 quid im only paying 50 quid and ive had no issues with my warranty company
stef123
[quote name='cressws1' timestamp='1286782823' post='100589']
[/quote]

yup, you are correct. the manifold/front pipe/flexi are all one piece.

ive still yet to look at mine to see if i can get away with just cutting the flexi out and replacing that rather than the whole lot.
r0b3r7
@artscot79 cam belt etc are covered under the warranty (unless it's missed it's scheduled replacement) shocks obv aren't but the main suspension components are

I didn't think it would be covered, just thought I'd ask that's all.

Thanks for all your replies!!
artscot79
[quote name='r0b3r7' timestamp='1286823788' post='100640']
@artscot79 cam belt etc are covered under the warranty (unless it's missed it's scheduled replacement) shocks obv aren't but the main suspension components are

I didn't think it would be covered, just thought I'd ask that's all.

Thanks for all your replies!!
[/quote]

as said take the car in with a suspension issue and the warranty company look at the mileage of the car and say wear and tear its expected those parts will need replaced cambelts are covered as you say but anything that can be argued as wear and tear isnt so shocks springs bushes bearings drop links etc are all wear and tear items they say they are covered till you try tio claim which is when say youre lower arm goes they say well at 65k its been through a lot its wear and tear thats why i buy aftermarket warranties as wear and tear is covered i had it when i first giot the car icv needed replaced not coverd its wear and tear same with a spring wear and tear now i just get it fixed with my new warranty

Full Colour Version: Ml1 2004 1.6 Zetec Exhaust
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.