Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Servicing
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
WHITEyy118
I started a thread back a while ago asking where I should get my car serviced but didn't get much help :(

So I though I'd ask again with some more info. Basically my car (Focus TDCi 56 reg) has done 40k BUT hasn't had it's 37.5k service yet. So I got some quotes for a major service which are as follows.

Local Ford Dealer (small) : 240, Usual filters changed (plus fuel as it's a diesel) but nothing said about fluids or spark plugs???? :huh: also they said they'd check brakes for 30.

Ford Dealer John Grose (Very large): 259, Usual filters, spark plugs, fluids checked and topped and brakes,suspension and lighting checked. Plus at the same time they'd look at anything else I wanted (not free though).

Nationwide Autocentre : 186 (AA discount), Usual filters, spark plugs and SOME fluids (including brakes).

So is it just simply use the cheapest or should I go to a dealer? Plus has anyone used Nationwide Autocentres before? Are they cheap for a reason? I'm open to recommendations.
Preload
[quote name='WHITEyy118' timestamp='1287485988' post='101411']
I started a thread back a while ago asking where I should get my car serviced but didn't get much help :(

So I though I'd ask again with some more info. Basically my car (Focus TDCi 56 reg) has done 40k BUT hasn't had it's 37.5k service yet. So I got some quotes for a major service which are as follows.

Local Ford Dealer (small) : 240, Usual filters changed (plus fuel as it's a diesel) but nothing said about fluids or spark plugs???? :huh: also they said they'd check brakes for 30.

Ford Dealer John Grose (Very large): 259, Usual filters, spark plugs, fluids checked and topped and brakes,suspension and lighting checked. Plus at the same time they'd look at anything else I wanted (not free though).

Nationwide Autocentre : 186 (AA discount), Usual filters, spark plugs and SOME fluids (including brakes).

So is it just simply use the cheapest or should I go to a dealer? Plus has anyone used Nationwide Autocentres before? Are they cheap for a reason? I'm open to recommendations.
[/quote]

Well isnt the eloy due for a topup at 37thou if thats included seems reasonable to me.

Also if you have a TDCI why would you need Spark plugs?? :blink:
WHITEyy118
[quote name='Preload' timestamp='1287487685' post='101413']
Well isnt the eloy due for a topup at 37thou if thats included seems reasonable to me.

Also if you have a TDCI why would you need Spark plugs?? :blink:
[/quote]

Sorry I just realised what I said. It's because I contacted 1 of the above and they said they would replace spark plugs. Obviously they were referring to a major service for a petrol, but I just compared that to the others LOL. My first diesel and I've only had it 3 months. Luckily I'm better when it comes to the correct fuel.

And sorry I didn't really understand the rest of your post. What seems reasonable? Which 1?
Preload
[quote name='WHITEyy118' timestamp='1287507906' post='101451']
Sorry I just realised what I said. It's because I contacted 1 of the above and they said they would replace spark plugs. Obviously they were referring to a major service for a petrol, but I just compared that to the others LOL. My first diesel and I've only had it 3 months. Luckily I'm better when it comes to the correct fuel.

And sorry I didn't really understand the rest of your post. What seems reasonable? Which 1?
[/quote]

[Quote: Ford Dealer John Grose (Very large): £259, Usual filters, spark plugs, [u][b]fluids checked and topped[/b][/u] and brakes,suspension and lighting checked. Plus at the same time they'd look at anything else I wanted (not free though).]

As the eloy fuild is quite pricey.
WHITEyy118
Eolys fluid you mean? And mine is a 1.8TDCi 56 reg so I don't think it has a DPF. But I think I might go with them anyway because they include the brake checks for free.

Full Colour Version: Servicing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.