Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta Mk.6 "aero" Rear Wiper Arm
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Stephen Leak
Firstly, I'm posting this here in the General Ford forum, as I need to pick as many brains as possible.

The cap on my rear wiper arm is badly cracked and I'd like to take the opportunity to replace the old-style arm with an "aerodynamic" looking one.

Obviously, the new arm needs to also use the same method of fixing to the pivot and be straight.

To keep the swept area (which is about as big as the rear window will allow) the same, it needs to still take a 28cm/11" wiper blade and overall (from the centre of the pivot to the end of the blade) be no longer than 37cm/15".

I've seen an arm from an Astra used, but it didn't specify what year, model, etc.

So, what cars use such arms?

Stephen.
Gazjs
Astra Rear Wiper Arm
[img]http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/Gazjs/Picture020.jpg[/img]
Can be bought [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Smooth-Rear-Wiper-Arm-Blade-Ford-Fiesta-Mk6-7-ST150-/230535806778?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ad013f3a#ht_2098wt_1139"]HERE[/url]
Stephen Leak
I thank you, young sir.

£12.99 is a very good price, especially as it includes a new blade. And the £3.00 postage is fair as well.

WiperBlades do a 28cm/11" blade for £7.60 + £2.45 P&P for Valeo or £8.75 + £2.45 P&P for Bosch. I've just seen that they also do a replacement smooth arm with a 30cm/12" blade for £13.90 + £2.45 P&P.

The only problem is that there's nothing wrong with my rear wiper blade. I really only need just a suitable arm.

PS. I've just seen that the same place also does the same arm & blade for £16.99 with "free" postage. Hang on, while I check my birth certificate. Yes. 19 October 2010. I was born yesterday.
Gazjs
It is very good quality aswell, even the blade does a good job. Im actually thinking on doing away with a back wiper though :lol:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.