Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Gauge Intermittent Readings
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
metalmanst
hi ,i got st170 which i got 2 months ago , my fuel gauge started playing up 3 days ago , reading empty & orange light on then it would read full , correct level but its only reading full all time . put dash display through test mode gauge sweep ok dtc up 9202 , but car had new pump assy fitted 4 wks ago , does these fuel pump assy have the fuel level sender built into it .
LiamZetec
[quote name='metalmanst' timestamp='1287659110' post='101721']
hi ,i got st170 which i got 2 months ago , my fuel gauge started playing up 3 days ago , reading empty & orange light on then it would read full , correct level but its only reading full all time . put dash display through test mode gauge sweep ok dtc up 9202 , but car had new pump assy fitted 4 wks ago , does these fuel pump assy have the fuel level sender built into it .
[/quote]

I remember speaking to my neighbour a while ago where he said that a few years ago with his 02 1.6 Focus, his started giving incorrect fuel readings and the needle kept going to the empty mark and the garage replaced something to do with the fuel reading and that fixed it and he got told it was a well known problem with the Focus's.

Liam

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.