Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Self Servicing A Focus Tdci
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
gary29428
I have a 2008 focus 1.8tdci. I have always serviced my own cars but have never owned a diesel before. I'm due my 40k service and wondered is it as straight forward as the petrols or does the diesel need specific checks that can't be done at home. The prices places charge for a service is nuts....
tommy.h
Hi Gary

if you pm me i will email a copy of service requirements, however it is pretty much the same as any other, just no plugs or leads to check or replace.

tom
gary29428
[quote name='tommy.h' timestamp='1288298481' post='102527']
Hi Gary

if you pm me i will email a copy of service requirements, however it is pretty much the same as any other, just no plugs or leads to check or replace.

tom
[/quote]

Thanks for getting back to me Tommy, the only thing that is putting me of is somebody mentioned to me before about cleaning the injectors. Is this something that needs to be done and if so is it a bit job.

Thanks again for the reply.
tommy.h
Hi Gary

injector cleaning is not something you should have to do (just use an aditive such as MILLERS INJECTOR CLEANER)
occationally when filling up and you should have no problems.

tom

Full Colour Version: Self Servicing A Focus Tdci
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.