Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shock Absorbers
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
WHITEyy118
I recently had my Focus serviced at a Ford dealership and it all went fine, apart from the 260 I had to pay (although they did wash and vacuum to). But I had green on everything they checked except I got a warning about a leaking shock absorber. They said that by the next service it would be a red and so should be looked at soon.

So my question is what needs to be done? Do I need a whole new shock absorber or is it something that will just stop the leak? I'm just wondering about costs that's all considering I just forked out the 260.
fishpond 47
[quote name='WHITEyy118' timestamp='1287772598' post='101915']
I recently had my Focus serviced at a Ford dealership and it all went fine, apart from the 260 I had to pay (although they did wash and vacuum to). But I had green on everything they checked except I got a warning about a leaking shock absorber. They said that by the next service it would be a red and so should be looked at soon.

So my question is what needs to be done? Do I need a whole new shock absorber or is it something that will just stop the leak? I'm just wondering about costs that's all considering I just forked out the 260.
[/quote]

[u]get a second opinion[/u] on the said 'leaking shock absorber' if it is leaking then they would have said it needs changing asap not in a short while.

Try wiping it and keep an eye on it.
WHITEyy118
[quote name='fishpond 47' timestamp='1287778271' post='101923']
[u]get a second opinion[/u] on the said 'leaking shock absorber' if it is leaking then they would have said it needs changing asap not in a short while.

Try wiping it and keep an eye on it.
[/quote]

Thanks. And yer I was a bit bemused when they said that. I thought well if there is something wrong surely they should ask if I wanted them to fix it. But instead she was like it needs doing soon and before my next service but that was it.
SPAX Suspension
If the shocks do need doing it could be the perfect time to upgrade to some SPAX items.
If the 2 year warranty doesn't convince you, then maybe the 200 off coilovers might.

Call our sales office on 01869 244 771 if you would like to discuss your options.

Full Colour Version: Shock Absorbers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.