Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New To Your Forum And Could Us A Bit Of Adive
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Mondeojoe
Hi everyone, new to the site and was hoping to get advice on an engine removal I'm doing. I have a 2003 1.8 petrol zetec. . On removing the drive shafts are they pretty straight forward to take out? Is it better to take the gearbox out with it? Do the shafts need a puller? Any info would be great on the best way to go about it. Thanks very much and hopefully talk to some of you soon. Thanks guys. Joe.
stef123
[quote name='Mondeojoe' timestamp='1288026077' post='102152']
Hi everyone, new to the site and was hoping to get advice on an engine removal I'm doing. I have a 2003 1.8 petrol zetec. . On removing the drive shafts are they pretty straight forward to take out? Is it better to take the gearbox out with it? Do the shafts need a puller? Any info would be great on the best way to go about it. Thanks very much and hopefully talk to some of you soon. Thanks guys. Joe.
[/quote]

welcome to the forum mate :)

you will probably need a puller to remove the shafts from the hub. the splines tend to corrode a bit and stick together.
Mondeojoe
Thanks stef123. Actually they popped out worringly easy, not that they can pop out while driving I suppose. The engine I'm changing is through a common fault of the butterfly housing in the inlet mani crumbling and depositing itself into the chambers. Not knowing much about fords/mondeos I was absolutely flabergasted at the amount of owners this happened to. Surely this must have been a recall?? Anyway thanks for your welcome and reply. Regards, Joe.
stef123
sounds like you got a good one :lol: any shafts ive done have been a nightmare and required a puller.

im not a mondeo man, but ive never heard of that fault im afraid. sounds like a pig of a job though :(

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615