Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing The Stereo On A 10 Plate Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Veracocha
Hello all, new member here looking for assistance with two things. I want to install a new double din i-pod ready stereo, are the connector kits readily available & from where? I see lots of 05> onwards but nothing for the new cars.

Secondly, my auxiliary power connectors are always on even with the ignition off.; this means my Roadhawk surveillance camera is always swithced on. Does anyone know how to disable it (auxiliary port)or reconfigure it so it comes on only with the ignition? this ones a big ask but if anybody knows?

Regards
Lenny
hi,
Iíve got a Haynes manual for this model ill check it over the weekend see if thereís an easy way, would you settle for a switch on the connection of camera to the loom as connecting accessories to the loom directly as you currently have done it can be subjected to surges of electricity when cranking the engine (turning the key in the ignition) which can blow the accessories you have connected.

Fitting a switch to the connection means you can switch it on after you have started the engine,

Free information and worth a thought end choice of action is up to you ;)
Also isnít the dash in the 2010 which I also have, isnít it the same as the 2008 model stereo surround as there is connector adaptorís and dash surrounds on e-bay all for around 20pounds and before purchasing a stereo check out caraudiodirect.co.uk i always deal with them and find their stereo and speaker range very nicely priced but for conversion kits stick with e-bay.
;)
Veracocha
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1288296064' post='102521']
hi,
Iíve got a Haynes manual for this model ill check it over the weekend see if thereís an easy way, would you settle for a switch on the connection of camera to the loom as connecting accessories to the loom directly as you currently have done it can be subjected to surges of electricity when cranking the engine (turning the key in the ignition) which can blow the accessories you have connected.

Fitting a switch to the connection means you can switch it on after you have started the engine,

Free information and worth a thought end choice of action is up to you ;)
Also isnít the dash in the 2010 which I also have, isnít it the same as the 2008 model stereo surround as there is connector adaptorís and dash surrounds on e-bay all for around 20pounds and before purchasing a stereo check out caraudiodirect.co.uk i always deal with them and find their stereo and speaker range very nicely priced but for conversion kits stick with e-bay.
;)
[/quote]

Cheers Lenny, I have had a word with an auto electrician who said he will connect it to an ignition feed. It's such an important device I can't trust myself to switch it onn/off every journey.

As for the stereo, if that's right about the audio/steering connector block then I'm good to go; I have used caraudiodirect a few times so will look at them over the weekend for my new stereo. Cheers again.
HeadShoT2009
Dont want to sound sillybut what is a roadhawx suvalance cam as i havnt seen it as an option for the focus. Also if it like an alarm system surley needs to be on after u turn the car off
cressws1
[quote name='HeadShoT2009' timestamp='1288357008' post='102608']
Dont want to sound sillybut what is a roadhawx suvalance cam as i havnt seen it as an option for the focus. Also if it like an alarm system surley needs to be on after u turn the car off
[/quote]

I think its a camera that runs while ever the car is running, films the road ahead and having one fitted lowers insurance premiums. very common over in the US not taken off so much here....Yet.
Veracocha
[quote name='HeadShoT2009' timestamp='1288357008' post='102608']
[/quote]

[quote name='cressws1' timestamp='1288377503' post='102637']
I think its a camera that runs while ever the car is running, films the road ahead and having one fitted lowers insurance premiums. very common over in the US not taken off so much here....Yet.
[/quote]

Unfortunately it doesn't affect insurance premiums. However, in the event of an accident it will show who is at fault. It records in 5 minute increments giving speed/direction/g-force radings and real time link to google maps. When full (2 days) it just goes over the old footage/recordings. My Clio 197 was in the dealers (Renault Birmingham) having it's 24 k service and they left the ignition on, it recorded everything, including their failure to change the oil. Renault UK are still investigating but as I got a refund it paid for the unit. Here's more footage of some clowns who tok a Monaro out without the owners permission. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZbQ_KOGBcQ

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.