Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Mk1 Reverse Lamp Filling Up With Water ?????
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
chrisrhondda
Focus Mk1 Reverse Lamp Filling up with water ????? Haven got a clue why this keeps happening I was wondering if this is a common fault etc. with the lamp.

I have drained it out twice now in the past month and yet it fills up again I wouldn mind emptying it so much its the fact the bulbs blow when it gets to full.

Be gratefull if somone can relay a fix for me for this

Many thanks
chris :rolleyes:
artscot79
[quote name='chrisrhondda' timestamp='1288354095' post='102599']
Focus Mk1 Reverse Lamp Filling up with water ????? Haven got a clue why this keeps happening I was wondering if this is a common fault etc. with the lamp.

I have drained it out twice now in the past month and yet it fills up again I wouldn mind emptying it so much its the fact the bulbs blow when it gets to full.

Be gratefull if somone can relay a fix for me for this

Many thanks
chris :rolleyes:
[/quote]

simple fix for this one pop the light out and the bulb holder has a rubber washer attatched remove this and nip to halfords and get 2 replacements one for fog one for reverse you also need plumbers tape.
remove the light unit and drain it out and dry it. the rubber tube remove this and make sure its not full of crap if it is clean it out now when the units dry put the new rubber washer on the bulb holder and wrap plumbers tape round it only go round it twice with the tape now refit it should be a nice tight seal.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615