Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odb-Ii For 2004 Focus Lx 1.6L?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
suddste
[font="Tahoma"]Hello,

Very new to these forums, so if I broke any rules, please tell me!

Anyway, I was looking at this product: [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/UIF-ELM-327-1-3a-version/dp/B001C1QQJA/ref=pd_bxgy_ce_img_b"][/url] and was thinking it would be great to find out information about the car, even though (I hope) nothing is wrong with it. I was wondering if the product above will work with my 1998-2004 (built in 2004) model of the Focus LX, I have herd that some cars in the UK dont have OBD-II installed untill at least 2002, and I was just checking that my car does have ODB-II installed, since the year it was built was 2004.

Thanks,
suddste[/font]
ponsaloti
If it's a chinease copy on ebay, I would'nt plug it into my car. ECU replacment can work out expensive.
If it's not a copy, ask the manufacturer.
suddste
[quote name='ponsaloti' timestamp='1288563924' post='102844']
If it's a chinease copy on ebay, I would'nt plug it into my car. ECU replacment can work out expensive.
If it's not a copy, ask the manufacturer.
[/quote]

I think it probably is a copy. Thanks for that answer, I probably wont be getting one now.

Out of interest, how could it damage an ECU, since all it is doing is reading
ponsaloti
Sorry, I'm mechanical so I think an electronics expert needs to answer that.
I do know that the ecu will know something has been pluged in so it's not just reading.
LiamZetec
Look for one of those ELM327 OBDII code readers off ebay - I got mine for £15 delivered and it's a brilliant piece of kit. These ones are OBD II to USB though so you connect it straight up to your laptop and it is not a handheld based one but you get software included with the reader and the software is excellent too, not only can it display error codes & clear then but the software has a lot of other features i.e. live monitoring of the lambda sensors, speed sensor, engine RPM and much more etc. I think the ELM327 is the most recommended and safest USB based one out there.

OBD II is compatiable for all petrol cars made in 2001 and onwards. For Diesel's 2004 onwards.

Liam
suddste
Ah thank you. I was wondering if it was this one you used? http://www.amazon.co.uk/UIF-ELM-327-1-3a-version/dp/B001C1QQJA/ref=pd_bxgy_ce_img_b

What sort of info do you get out of your car if you have the same one as me? (Focus mk1.5)

And, can you tell me the location of the port?

Thanks,
suddste

Full Colour Version: Odb-Ii For 2004 Focus Lx 1.6L?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.