Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quickclear Windscreen Faulty
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
snowcrash
So I bought a used '06 S-Max Titanium and recently found that the quick-clear heated windscreen doesn't work properly. A large stripe, maybe 1/3 of the screen right in front of the driver just don't clear at all.

My question is: is this likely to be something that can be repaired at a Ford garage? E.g. some connectors come loose? Or is it an all-or-nothing job requiring replacing the screen.
Stephen Leak
[quote name='snowcrash' timestamp='1288711693' post='102995']
So I bought a used '06 S-Max Titanium and recently found that the quick-clear heated windscreen doesn't work properly. A large stripe, maybe 1/3 of the screen right in front of the driver just don't clear at all.

My question is: is this likely to be something that can be repaired at a Ford garage? E.g. some connectors come loose? Or is it an all-or-nothing job requiring replacing the screen.
[/quote]

All or nothing, I'm afraid. If it was the left or right half, then it might be a faulty connector. The little wires embedded in the glass just corrode at the ends. The conventional wisdom is to use the screen regularly, even in normal conditions, to drive off any moisture.

PS. Anyone suggesting taking out windscreen insurance and buying a catapult will incur the wrath of the nearest moderator. :-)
Gazjs
What's all this stuff about the Mods out to get people for suggesting such stuff? I have seen this, and one about fitting illegal bulbs. Have I missed something here? :lol:
You could try steaming a kettle up over the window and it may show if they are broken etc? :S
Stephen Leak
Whilst I have no great love for car insurance companies (IMHO, they are pimples on the bottom of capitalism), taking out insurance on a faulty QuickClear screen and then deliberately breaking it in such a way as to make it look like an accident, and then claiming the cost of replacement, is not only dishonest but also illegal.

Full Colour Version: Quickclear Windscreen Faulty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615