Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Customer Service
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ford focus edge
As alot of you may know i love a good rant and query, well here's no different from the usual teenage rantings and ravings of a very angry poor man.

Customer service experiences good or bad?

Personally at my local ford dealer when ever my baba has needed to go in its been painless and fast as was buying the car etc etc BUT last week when my dad picked up his saab (the mighty 9-3 aero saloon :P ) there service was completely shite sorry to swear but there rudy awful.

First off they tried to rip us off for a months tax and a set of floor mats (standard kit on the aero is the luxury shag pile carpets) and a spare key. First of we refused the car till they replaced them with brand new and magically our cars mats appeared out of the office .. We also refused to collect the car when the sales man was insistent for us to pick it up we made them wait a week till the 1st of November before he taxed it. Were now in the process of battling with them over the spare key which were still waiting for. My dads not the type to peruse people for things like this until its been a while where as im the complete opposite if i had spend 12k on a nearly brand new car and they tried to stiff me id of caused a scene in his nice little dealership. Yes it has only just gone a week but when i paid 5k for a focus ford gave me a 2nd key with in hours (cut and programmed) saab has taken a week and counting on a car costing more than double the price i paid i may be getting agro over a small discrepancy like this but its the little details that make the experience less painless. The car its self is an absolute gem its been cared for by the previous owner and loved but as i say little things wreck it abit lol.

The threads open guys let ur fingers run wild with rage :P lol
artscot79
[quote name='ford focus edge' timestamp='1289217252' post='103586']
As alot of you may know i love a good rant and query, well here's no different from the usual teenage rantings and ravings of a very angry poor man.

Customer service experiences good or bad?

Personally at my local ford dealer when ever my baba has needed to go in its been painless and fast as was buying the car etc etc BUT last week when my dad picked up his saab (the mighty 9-3 aero saloon :P ) there service was completely shite sorry to swear but there rudy awful.

First off they tried to rip us off for a months tax and a set of floor mats (standard kit on the aero is the luxury shag pile carpets) and a spare key. First of we refused the car till they replaced them with brand new and magically our cars mats appeared out of the office .. We also refused to collect the car when the sales man was insistent for us to pick it up we made them wait a week till the 1st of November before he taxed it. Were now in the process of battling with them over the spare key which were still waiting for. My dads not the type to peruse people for things like this until its been a while where as im the complete opposite if i had spend 12k on a nearly brand new car and they tried to stiff me id of caused a scene in his nice little dealership. Yes it has only just gone a week but when i paid 5k for a focus ford gave me a 2nd key with in hours (cut and programmed) saab has taken a week and counting on a car costing more than double the price i paid i may be getting agro over a small discrepancy like this but its the little details that make the experience less painless. The car its self is an absolute gem its been cared for by the previous owner and loved but as i say little things wreck it abit lol.

The threads open guys let ur fingers run wild with rage :P lol
[/quote]

my local fords always been cheap even for p[arts there service has been really good and ive had no issues with them whatso ever in fact i go there all the time if i need something done i mean the done the timing belt and fan beklt and even done a diagnostics on it which i wasnt charged for just because i was curious as to wether an o2 sensor needed replaced so0 all in all very happy with ford autocentre in halbeath dunfermline
Veracocha
I came to Ford after two years (in warranty) with Renault. Let me tell you about customer service- I had my Cliosport 197 in at Birmingham Renault for a 24k service. My car was fitted with a roadhawk camera which recorded the entire event. It showed that they did not change the oil. It also records everything that was being said and the mechanics can be heard slagging me for claiming warranty over the steering wheel (they melt). These bozo's were accusing me of defacing the steering wheel with my rings. The car was on the ramps or less than 50 minutes and they took 4 further hours to call me to say it had been done.

I only saw the footage that night, wasn't looking for anything in particular but glad I did. I went into the showroom next day with my laptop and showed them; you should have seen their faces. They tried to deny everything but when I sent the footage to Renault UK they couldn't do enough for me. Renault UK are pretty awful truth be told, they called me recently to ask if I would like to extend the warranty? I told them that the warranty the car came with was awful so why would I want to pay for more of the same?

I know every manufacturers dealer network can be problematic but there's a reason that Renault is at the bottom of the JD survey, they belong there.

Full Colour Version: Customer Service
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.