Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drivers Seat Adjustment Motor
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
nw42
Just bought the car and the driving position isn't great, when using the up/down button on the side of the seat I can hear the motor run but the seat doesn't move, any guidance as to what this may be, a simple job or a new mechanism, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Aplogies, should have said its a 52plate 2.0 LX TDCi.

I could also do with knowing if it will have a timing chain or belt and if it's a chain would I still be best advised to have it changed like I did the belt on my last one.

cheers
mintalkin
the mechanism on the electric adjust is made of plastic which over time breaks, a new part is the only cure, all tdci mk3 are timing chain.
nw42
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1289681322' post='103957']
the mechanism on the electric adjust is made of plastic which over time breaks, a new part is the only cure, all tdci mk3 are timing chain.
[/quote]

thanks for that mintalkin, do you know if they are easy to swap? I still have the other car and the one on that works, I'm 6'5" so I need the room, thanks again for the info.
nw42
Just found this thread which sort of answers my question but then raises another,
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3666

do I need to do anything regarding the airbag before I undo the seat fixings? Was just planning to undo the fixings and tilt the seat to allow access to the adjuster, see if I can wind it down for now until I can get someone to swap the motor from my old car.

As I'm sure you will have gathered I am a complete novice so any guidance would be appreciated, is it likely to be an hours work or do I need to set half a day aside? I just need the seat lower so I can drive the car, happy to sort the rest at a later date.

thanks again
nw42
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what tools I need in order to loosen the drivers seat and get to the adjuster. Sorry to mither but I need to sort it fairly quickly and don't want to get stuck without the right tools.

thanks

Full Colour Version: Drivers Seat Adjustment Motor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.