Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Fusion 1.4 Tdci
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
joolstdi
Has anybody on here taken the plunge and had the car re-mapped or fitted a tunning box,
from 68bhp to the magic 90.
are there any pros or cons or problems that you have found out later.

joolstdi
connery-sri
I would also be interested in this!!
skyman114
Thought about doing this myself :> [url]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6691[/url]

However having spoken to a few mechanics about the "Tuning Boxes" was advised not to.

A full re map is the only way, and out of my price range :(
joolstdi
I have also been told not to fit a tunning box as they just have a resistor
in side them to fool the ecu that the car is running lean.

Remap is the right way, just been looking you can get a mobile re-mapper
for around the 190- 220 mark or there are company's taking in your ecu
and for 99 but you have to remove yourself and refit when back, they are giving a 3 day
turn around.

I'm interested in your air flow sensor "[b]SKYMAN[/b]" How did you find that this was the
problem!! where is it and is it expensive to change and also easy to change!!

as my car is low miles " very old gent previous owner" but 6 years old and i think that i have not got
the 68Bhp, this is why a remap.

jools
skyman114
[b] joolstdi [/b] The air flow sensor must have been faulty when i got the car. It showed as an EAC FAIL on the dash after 120 miles of ownership !!
As said in my earlier posting my previous car was a 1.6 16v fiesta with bags of oomph.
I regularly drive derv vans but had a mental block when i tested the fusion.
So far (Touch wood ) i`ve been suitably impressed with the power from the 1.4 derv unit. Its no tyre smoker and maybe a little more guts wouldn`t go amiss. I`m in my mid forties with 3 points and the boy racer in me has gone now....well thats what company vans are for anyway :)

Full Colour Version: Ford Fusion 1.4 Tdci
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.