Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Headlight Bulbs.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Gazjs
It took me ages to pick out and go for Osram Cool Blue, I fitted these just before the summer, and one has blown already :(
So, im looking just now at going for either Osram Night Breaker Plus or Phillips Blue Vision 4000K.
Does anyone have any experience with said bulbs?
fordpartsman
i know that it doesnt apply to your car, but it may be worth fitting the headlamp bulbs resistors i mentioned in the headlamp bulb thread for the mk7 in the fiesta section of the forum, this may eliminate any voltage surges, which may be the result of your blowing bulbs
Stephen Leak
[quote name='Gazjs' timestamp='1289862094' post='104114']
It took me ages to pick out and go for Osram Cool Blue, I fitted these just before the summer, and one has blown already :(
So, im looking just now at going for either Osram Night Breaker Plus or Phillips Blue Vision 4000K.
Does anyone have any experience with said bulbs?
[/quote]

I've fitted OSRAM Night Breakers into my Fiesta Mk.6 (H4) and a girlfriend's Focus Mk.2 (H7 & H1) and the results were impressive with my single headlights, and little short of phenomenal with her twin headlights. More blue-white light, longer beam, less eyestrain. Highly recommended.

I also took the opportunity to replace both cars' sidelights with OSRAM "Cool Blue" [u]halogen[/u] W5W bulbs, which give the same blue-white light and the same light output as a 21W filament bulb. They also do normal filament ones, so make sure you get the right ones, which look like little headlight bulbs with pointy ends.

Also, get the headlight dip checked and, if necessary, adjusted, not only to get the most out of your investment, but also to ensure they don't dazzle oncoming drivers. Mine was set way too low.

They are all (touch wood) still going, despite the cold weather, which always takes its toll on headlights. Driving home from work yesterday, the number of oncoming cars with just one headlight was noticable.
Gazjs
Sounds like the Night Breakers are the ones to go for then. I see there is now Night Breaker Plus available. But at 23 a pair they come in quite expensive. Where about did you source your bulbs?
I am seeing a lot of the one headlight about just as well, just now i have one yellow and white white/blue :lol:
Stephen Leak
[quote name='Gazjs' timestamp='1289934192' post='104170']
Sounds like the Night Breakers are the ones to go for then. I see there is now Night Breaker Plus available. But at £23 a pair they come in quite expensive. Where about did you source your bulbs?
I am seeing a lot of the one headlight about just as well, just now i have one yellow and white white/blue :lol:
[/quote]

I got them on good old eBay for just £10.99 (inc. free P&P) for the pair. However, they weren't the new longer life "Plus" ones.
Gazjs
Thanks, looking at Ebay. The "plus" bulbs are an extra fiver. Wonder if they warrant it :lol:
aspe
[quote name='Stephen Leak' timestamp='1289913112' post='104151']
I've fitted OSRAM Night Breakers into my Fiesta Mk.6 (H4) and a girlfriend's Focus Mk.2 (H7 & H1) and the results were impressive with my single headlights, and little short of phenomenal with her twin headlights. More blue-white light, longer beam, less eyestrain. Highly recommended.

I also took the opportunity to replace both cars' sidelights with OSRAM "Cool Blue" [u]halogen[/u] W5W bulbs, which give the same blue-white light and the same light output as a 21W filament bulb. They also do normal filament ones, so make sure you get the right ones, which look like little headlight bulbs with pointy ends.

Also, get the headlight dip checked and, if necessary, adjusted, not only to get the most out of your investment, but also to ensure they don't dazzle oncoming drivers. Mine was set way too low.

They are all (touch wood) still going, despite the cold weather, which always takes its toll on headlights. Driving home from work yesterday, the number of oncoming cars with just one headlight was noticable.
[/quote]

Can you fit these to Ka's? The headlights on mine feel more like torches than headlights :(
Gazjs
[quote name='aspe' timestamp='1290623602' post='104815']
Can you fit these to Ka's? The headlights on mine feel more like torches than headlights :(
[/quote]
Should think so as they are just a normal bulb. Do a search on your fitment and see of they turn up

Full Colour Version: New Headlight Bulbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615